BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Attributes in Autocad Vs Archicad

Srinivas
Booster
Hai there,

I used to work on Autocad and recently shifted to Archicad. In Autocad we have Attributes for Text placing and editing, but attributes are entirely different in AC. If have 10 doors in my project, I create an attribute for the door number, create a circle around the attribute text and make a block of it and when ever i insert the block it prompts me for the door number. Can we do it in archicad also? any Help regarding this would be appreciated.

Much Thanks
srinivas.
ArchiCAD Services
ArchiCAD since v9 to latest
iMac, Windows 10
4 REPLIES 4
TomWaltz
Participant
The Archicad Tool you are looking for is the Label Tool.

Labels are specialized objects which show information about whatever they are associated with, such as a wall type or a door number,

The trick is that the information is assigned to the door itself, usually the Element ID. The label is really a "dummy object" with not settings of its own, it just called out the door number.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Srinivas,

I have not seen auto increment in attributes as in Autocad/Microstation...yes it would be nice.....especially when it comes to doing room numbers....little tied up at the moment, but will get back to this....
TomWaltz
Participant
r wrote:
Srinivas,

I have not seen auto increment in attributes as in Autocad/Microstation...yes it would be nice.....especially when it comes to doing room numbers....little tied up at the moment, but will get back to this....
Under Options -> Preferences -> Miscellaneous, turn on "Auto ID increase"

This will increment the ID numbers as you place them. It's not always useful, but can be sometimes!
Tom Waltz
Rakela Raul
Participant
especially when it comes to doing room numbers....
or 500 cars parking lot....and during the process eliminating 1 just in the middle.
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Learn and get certified!