BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Auto Save Crashing AC on start up

Chris Grantham
Advocate
So my office lost power today and of course I had been working for about two hours or so before this happened. No, did not save... Yes I should have. No problems though autosave should have me covered. When we finally get the power back, I go to open ArchiCAD and follow the apprpriate prompts, only to find that AC freezes up every time I try to open it. Before I scrap my two hours of work and delete the autosave file, does anyone have any good ideas of how to get work back? Thanks in Advance!

-Chris
16" MacBook Pro M1 Max
Mac OS 12.2.1
ArchiCAD 25 Build 6005
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Chris:

You could try opening a new blank file in ArchiCAD, then merging the autosave file into it. The downside of this is that only the model will come through, 2D elements in sections/elevations will be lost. You could also try a similar approach of using the Organizer in a new file to pull views in from the autosave file. Someone else might have a better approach. Good luck.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Chris Grantham
Advocate
Unfortunately all of the work lost was mostly 2D stuff. It's cool... should take me half the time to bang it out again. Thanks for the response.

One other thing... If I delete the .lck file, will that remove whatever is in the autosave? That may have been what was causing it.
16" MacBook Pro M1 Max
Mac OS 12.2.1
ArchiCAD 25 Build 6005
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Chris wrote:
If I delete the .lck file, will that remove whatever is in the autosave? That may have been what was causing it.
The .lck file is created when the file is opened, so a warning will appear if another person attempts to open the file, to prevent 2 (or more) people from working on the same file. This is for solo projects, it has a slightly different function in TeamWork. You can delete the file, it holds no data from the project file (it is just 4 KB in size). Except for the warning it creates, deleting the .lck file should have no effect on the ArchiCAD file.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!