Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Auto select on redo

catrasca
Newcomer
Over the last few releases i have become dependent on the undo/redo process of selecting items i have just created. It seems that in 16 this does not work all the time - is there a way to activate it for all instances? I find that it is really slowing me down having to select each item after creating them!
Daniel del Nido
AC6.0-AC19 AUS; Windows 8 Enterprise 64bit
8 REPLIES 8
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Can you give a specific instance and step that we can reproduce? When I try it, it works for me.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
catrasca
Newcomer
Sorry for the delay in responding. A really basic example is that if I use the magic wand to create a polyline that follows the out line of a slab, then want to select that polyline, I have become accustomed to just performing an undo/redo to select that polyline (saves cycling through all elements located at that point). I find that the polyline is not automatically selected, as it used to be.
Daniel del Nido
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
It is interesting, it works for me:
1. Select Polyline Tool.
2. SPACE-click Slab outline, Polyline is created.
3. Undo.
4. Redo.
5. Polyline is selected.
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
catrasca,

If you have imported your Work Environment in from a previous version I recommend you first save it and then switch to the Standard Profile 16 to see if that rectifies the trouble.

Work Environment Help Doc

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
catrasca
Newcomer
"NCornia" wrote:
catrasca,

If you have imported your Work Environment in from a previous version I recommend you first save it and then switch to the Standard Profile 16 to see if that rectifies the trouble.

Tried this, still no luck. I generally set up all Work Environment profiles from scratch with new realeases so I can include any new features. Any other ideas?
Daniel del Nido
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Maybe a graphics card driver problem? This is just a wild guess.
Try to update to the latest drivers.
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
catrasca,

An undocumented command is the New & Reset All command. Save your current project; go to File / New and before clicking the New command hold the Alt key (Windows) or Option key (Mac) and the New Command will transform into the New & Reset All command. By clicking this a new project will be created but also some temporary preferences will be cleared out. You can then re-open your project and try the undo-redo operation.

If this does not work then export your current Work Environment and Back-up your local TWData folder and perform a full Preferences Cleaning procedure. http://www.archicadwiki.com/PreferencesCleaning

HTH
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
catrasca
Newcomer
Thanks Nicholas. Problem fixed - should have know the new & reset all would do the trick! Appreciate the help.
Daniel del Nido