Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Auto-update slowness

Mjules
Mentor
ArchiCAD is too slow when working on complex architectural projects. The software updates anytime, and I have to wait up to 3 minutes for each update. Each change I make in the drawings corresponds to an update. Solving this issue may help Graphisoft find new clients in very competitive markets like Canada and USA for example.

Other important things are to make old tools like Morph, Curtain Wall, Column, Roof, etc. complete. There are too many incomplete tools in ArchiCAD, and this doesn't help during the architectural and urban design process.
Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Asus | 64 GB RAM | Windows 11
17 REPLIES 17
jl_lt
Ace
Hi Mr Mjules, you can deactivate that annoying automatic updating and it definetely and significantly speeds things up.
Mjules
Mentor
Jl_lt,

Surely? I would appreciate if you could tell me how to proceed to deactivate it. Is it through the work environment?
jl_lt wrote:
Hi Mr Mjules, you can deactivate that annoying automatic updating and it definetely and significantly speeds things up.
Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Check out the "Update Auto-rebuild Model viewpoints continuously" checkbox in the "Model Rebuild Options" page of the "Work Environment" Dialog.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Mjules
Mentor
I just see the features that might help me deactivate it from the work environment. I will try it. I never paid attention to that.
jl_lt wrote:
Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Mjules
Mentor
Many thanks, Laszlo. I appreciate the information!
LaszloNagy wrote:
Check out the "Update Auto-rebuild Model viewpoints continuously" checkbox in the "Model Rebuild Options" page of the "Work Environment" Dialog.
Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
bouhmidage
Advisor
8 GB of RAM and without SSD, for AC 24, that's not sufficient,
i'm running AC 24 on a NVME 2.0 , 32 GB of RAM and 6 GB graphics, without any problems,
heavy projects with structural elements imported from tekla ( heavy file )
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 10 GB
Archicad 25
Windows 10 professional
https://www.behance.net/Nuance-Architects
Nader Belal
Mentor
@Mjules

Just as @bouhmidage have said your PC specs are just too low, and for Windows reasons you need 32 GB, and preferabiliy 64.
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
Mjules
Mentor
Thanks you all for your posts!

I'm going to change my computers and look forward to seeing change in ArchiCAD performance.
Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
rob2218
Enthusiast
the "hangup" by deactivating the "auto update" is that heaven forbid you are in a crunch and just go to publish the PDF set....and notice your views are NOT updated.....yer screwed.

Also...auto-update keeps everything current.

I don't know why there's even the ability to NOT auto-update.
silly in my opinion. you ALWAYS want your views...ALL your views...updated at all times.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS