Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

BEST ARCHICAD LIBRARYS TO BUY

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone how are you going.

I've finally convinced the bosses that we should be expanding our archicad libraries but what do you guys (and girls) recommend that we get?

I've had a look at objects online and thought what a bunch of over priced junk they have. (example selling 3d people for $180 that were used in archicad 6).

So other than that site has anybody found some great libraries? not looking for bits and pieces just a complete add on library.

Ive seen this site but unsure if the library parts are any good. Help appreciated.

http://www.archi-master.narod.ru/English1.html
8 REPLIES 8
It would be helpful to know what kind of work you do, i.e. commercial or residential or both.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Richard wrote:
It would be helpful to know what kind of work you do, i.e. commercial or residential or both.
Hello we do both.

As a side note its a shame the archicad libraries cant be imported directly In Artlantis.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Gareth wrote:
Hello everyone how are you going.

I've finally convinced the bosses that we should be expanding our archicad libraries but what do you guys (and girls) recommend that we get?

I've had a look at objects online and thought what a bunch of over priced junk they have. (example selling 3d people for $180 that were used in archicad 6).

So other than that site has anybody found some great libraries? not looking for bits and pieces just a complete add on library.

Ive seen this site but unsure if the library parts are any good. Help appreciated.

http://www.archi-master.[censored]</b>.ru/English1.html
Gareth, with all due respect, it's a bit unfair to single out one product and imply that it is representative of the entire catalog. Objects Online offers thousands of products created by hundreds of independent developers, each who have set prices on their products which they feel make their efforts worthwhile.

Developing even a single quality parametric GDL object in ArchiCAD takes time and talent. Developing a collection of objects can take hundreds or even thousands of hours. Most ArchiCAD users cannot afford to spend the time creating parametric object libraries when their clients are paying them to create architecture. That's why $200 for a collection of furniture is a relative bargain. It would cost the average ArchiCAD user much more in billable time to create something similar on their own.

If you cannot locate what you're looking for on Objects Online, please contact us with more specific information and we'd be happy to help you find a suitable product or put you in touch with a product developer who might be able to further assist you. If you've created objects that you think are worth selling (or sharing for free with other ArchiCAD users), contact us to enroll as a product developer...we're always looking for new products to add. Thanks!
henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I've found a lot of pretty good objects in 3DS and GSM format at archibase. Still a lot of rubbish, but for the price($nothing), there are some real gems there. Another good place for high-quality 3D models is turbosquid.
Of course, they aren't parametric, but it depends what you want them for. For eye-candy, you don't need extra parameters anyway. Also, if you're using Artlantis for your renders, then I would leave out the eye-candy objects from ArchiCAD entirely, and add them in ATL. It's much better at handling lots of polys.
Josh Osborne - Central Innovation

HP Zbook Studio G4 - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 7820HQ, 32Gb RAM, Quadro M1200
Anonymous
Not applicable
Gareth, with all due respect, it's a bit unfair to single out one product and imply that it is representative of the entire catalog. Objects Online offers thousands of products created by hundreds of independent developers, each who have set prices on their products which they feel make their efforts worthwhile.

Developing even a single quality parametric GDL object in ArchiCAD takes time and talent. Developing a collection of objects can take hundreds or even thousands of hours. Most ArchiCAD users cannot afford to spend the time creating parametric object libraries when their clients are paying them to create architecture. That's why $200 for a collection of furniture is a relative bargain. It would cost the average ArchiCAD user much more in billable time to create something similar on their own.

If you cannot locate what you're looking for on Objects Online, please contact us with more specific information and we'd be happy to help you find a suitable product or put you in touch with a product developer who might be able to further assist you. If you've created objects that you think are worth selling (or sharing for free with other ArchiCAD users), contact us to enroll as a product developer...we're always looking for new products to add. Thanks!
I understand that using one example may seem extreme but when I saw these out of date library parts it basically tainted your whole site. You must be realistic using the example library below would make a render look cheap and charging top dollar still for them (after 10 years) is dissapointing. I challenge you to disagree.

http://www.objectsonline.com/customer/product.php?productid=122036&cat=756&page=1

These should be in your bargain bin for $5 I think. I'm curious to how many people would actually still use these.
Anonymous
Not applicable
henrypootel wrote:
I've found a lot of pretty good objects in 3DS and GSM format at archibase. Still a lot of rubbish, but for the price($nothing), there are some real gems there. Another good place for high-quality 3D models is turbosquid.
Of course, they aren't parametric, but it depends what you want them for. For eye-candy, you don't need extra parameters anyway. Also, if you're using Artlantis for your renders, then I would leave out the eye-candy objects from ArchiCAD entirely, and add them in ATL. It's much better at handling lots of polys.
Thanks for that henry. Some good information and interesting regarding the Artlantis libraries being better.
henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Thanks for that henry. Some good information and interesting regarding the Artlantis libraries being better.

This is of course based on 0% actual fact. Things just feel a lot faster in Artlantis. i just tried opening the same 3DS file in Artlantis and archicad.
ArchiCAD - took about 2 minutes to open the 3D window after converting and placing the file, 3D view is now noticeably sluggish
Artlantis - opened the file in about 5 seconds and is very zippy to navigate in
Josh Osborne - Central Innovation

HP Zbook Studio G4 - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 7820HQ, 32Gb RAM, Quadro M1200
Anonymous
Not applicable
Gareth wrote:
I understand that using one example may seem extreme but when I saw these out of date library parts it basically tainted your whole site. You must be realistic using the example library below would make a render look cheap and charging top dollar still for them (after 10 years) is dissapointing. I challenge you to disagree.

http://www.objectsonline.com/customer/product.php?productid=122036&cat=756&page=1

These should be in your bargain bin for $5 I think. I'm curious to how many people would actually still use these.
Again, we let the developer decide on the price...it's their product. Likewise, we let the customer decide whether to purchase...it's their money. We're just here to make the introductions.

I'll reinforce what other posters have mentioned here...if your goal is to create a high quality rendering, you're not likely to find (or want to use) too many high-polygon objects in ArchiCAD. We've got plenty of higher quality Artlantis objects and shaders for sale on Objects Online, including many volumes of high quality still and animated people, if that's something you're looking for specifically.

Good luck in your search, Gareth!