BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

BIMCloud Basic library management

Where could we find more information about library management in BIMcloud Basic? I am in the process of upgrading our BIMServer to BIMcloud, moving all projects is tedious and not very smart and right now I would say it's not working.
I have tried to upload the .lcf library directly to the new server and I get an "Invalid file format" warning.
I have loaded the AC project, removed all BIMServed libraries and added the new BIMcloud libraries via the menu. Except that now I get "Missing library parts" even if the library is loaded.

Here is a screenshot with the libraries loaded from the BIMcloud, notice the missing objects.

And here's a screenshot with the same project with the libraries loaded form the BIMserver, no missing objects (ignore the attributes)
arch. ernest atanasiu
AC 10-26 INT/GER/FR on Win 10/ Win 11
3 REPLIES 3
And ... I found the source of the problem: not enough space on the server drive. Had to remove a few backups and reload the libraries.

Sorry to spam this thread, admin feel free to remove it.
thank you
arch. ernest atanasiu
AC 10-26 INT/GER/FR on Win 10/ Win 11
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
No worries, running out of free space is a key learning - it can cause many sorts of problems. Thank you for posting the solution.

In the following article we collected the changes with regards to BIMcloud (ex BIM Server) libraries.

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/?p=84806

Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Jeff Galbraith
Advocate
I am having the same issue, trying to upload a library to BimCloud and getting the "invalid file format" error message. However the library I'm trying to upload is 20 megs, so I doubt drive capacity is the issue. The file is from a furniture manufacturer and appears to have been made in 2016. Is it possible the library needs to be updated to Archicad 22 to work with our BimCloud Basic? I have no issues importing the .lcf into a project and using the content...it just won't upload to BimCloud.

Is there a process for upgrading a library container file from one version of Archicad to another?

Jeff
Jeff G

Archicad 27 USA (full), Macbook Pro (16-inch 2023, M3 MAX, 128 GB RAM)
Learn and get certified!