Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

BIMx functionality

(note by moderator: this discussion diverged from another thread, which you can find here:
https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=74047#p330111)

I would also point out in your letter that they took a perfectly great mobile viewer like BIMx and ruined it... all in the name of opening bigger models for big firms... forgetting the little guy.
Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
29 REPLIES 29
jl_lt
Ace
come on man, thaat would be the end of the world
Mjules
Mentor
Not the end of the world, but the beginning of a new revolution in the architectural world, and you would experience how great is Archicad!
jl_lt wrote:
come on man, thaat would be the end of the world
Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Asus | 64 GB RAM | Windows 11
jl_lt
Ace
owned by autodesk? no, thank you
Mjules
Mentor
Nemetschek only thinks about its strategic plan, and doesn't take into account our inquiries regarding Archicad tools improvement that could help speed up our workflow during the design process. For instance, during both the pre-design and schematic design processes, we could have used the morph tool for massing and then convert it into corresponding BIM elements like roof, slab, wall, etc. Unfortunately, the company prefers neglecting our relevant requests. Thus, I don't see the importance of such a tool so far except to make Archicad's files too heavy and waste our precious time.

A company like Autodesk has always taken to heart the notion of performance over time. Acquiring Archicad would be an added value for that company since Nemetschek doesn't know exactly what to do with it.
jl_lt wrote:
owned by autodesk? no, thank you
Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
jl_lt
Ace
well, in my case, Archicad has sped up our delivery processes AT LEAST 3X.

in many of your posts you have mentioned archicad behaivour that is completely abnormal from my own experience and, according to other answers, from other users' too (like 3d views taking 4 hours or so). maybe you should try to fix that and youll find ArchiCAD is actually not THAT sloppy
Mjules
Mentor
Fixing bugs and then increasing Archicad performance don't depend on me.
jl_lt wrote:
well, in my case, Archicad has sped up our delivery processes AT LEAST 3X.

in many of your posts you have mentioned archicad behaivour that is completely abnormal from my own experience and, according to other answers, from other users' too (like 3d views taking 4 hours or so). maybe you should try to fix that and youll find ArchiCAD is actually not THAT sloppy
Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Guys, let's keep this thread about BIMx functionality.
If you want to speculate about Autodesk buying Graphisoft and its possible benefits/drawbacks, please start a new thread.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Mjules
Mentor
I agree with you, Laszlo!
LaszloNagy wrote:
Guys, let's keep this thread about BIMx functionality.
If you want to speculate about Autodesk buying Graphisoft and its possible benefits/drawbacks, please start a new thread.
Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
jl_lt
Ace
Thanks, Laszlo. No, I don't want to discuss the possibility of Autodesk buying Archicad in the slightest, I don't even want to think about that possibility, that's why I was trying to stop that conversation on it.
Mjules
Mentor
jl_lt wrote:
Thanks, Laszlo. No, I don't want to discuss the possibility of Autodesk buying Archicad in the slightest, I don't even want to think about that possibility, that's why I was trying to stop that conversation on it.
Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)