BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

BUG? Plan view of railing does not match 3D

Jeff Galbraith
Advocate
Anyone seen this before? The plan view representation of the handrail element of a guardrail object does not match it's 3D geometry view. Below is the Plan view. You can see that in plan it appears that the 2 handrails that come together at a corner do not align at their ends:

But when viewed in 3D they do align:

I assume this is a bug. Any other ideas what might be causing this? Dimensioning of handrails is very critical in architecture as there are strict codes that govern it. We really need to be able to rely on these objects being correct.

Thanks,
Jeff G

Archicad 27 USA (full), Macbook Pro (16-inch 2023, M3 MAX, 128 GB RAM)
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
I am sure this has been mentioned here before, but I can't find the post.
And I can't remember what the outcome was (if there was one).

All I can suggest is to make sure you are using the latest library update and then if still a problem send it off to Graphisoft support.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru
Bug: https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=318744#p318744

No news on fix.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Jeff,

Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry about the issue!

Without having the file, it's hard for me to tell exactly what might happen, but what you show here looks similar to what Ling pointed out. The defect looks like this:

If the extension is set to anything larger than 0, there will be a mismatch between 2D and 3D. Unfortunately, due to the complexity of the bug, we can only fix it in Update 2 for Archicad 25.

I am very sorry for the trouble that this bug is causing! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you very much for your understanding!
Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Hello. 

I have seen a similar problem with Archicad 25 build 4013 INT FULL. I am wondering if this is a bug that has been checked before. 

For instace, when the handrail ends at 300mm away from the last step in elevation, the floor plan says 333mm which is wrong. 

Hiro_2-1642591265480.png

Hiro_1-1642591190618.png

Hiro_3-1642591418296.png

Seemingly if the full return is chosen for the end and it is placed in slope, the presentation in floor plan goes wrong.  

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Dear Hiro,

Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry for the issue!

Based on the screenshots and description, it looks very similar to the defect mentioned above. I could confirm that it still happens in AC25 Update 2, so I opened a case in our support system for further investigation. As soon as I have an answer, I will let you know!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Learn and get certified!