Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

BUG Report: ArchiCAD International Standard Library - Doors

Nader Belal
Mentor
Hi Graphisoft,

I would like to report that recently I have found a bug issue related to ArchiCAD standard international library related to doors.

ArchiCAD doors have different aspects in plans/sections in project models if you use the symbolic or accurate representation.

Best regards
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
If you could post an image to help explain, that would be great.

Also, don't forget to report this to your local Archicad distributor - that is the correct channel to go through when you have a problem.
Telling us about it here is great, and maybe someone from Graphisoft will see it and possibly take notice.
But your local distributor (support people) is the best place to go.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Nader Belal
Mentor
Sorry, my bad ...

Example - this is the library part where I have detected this issue

And here is the symbolic representation of the library part placed within the project, just pay attention to how the Outside Casing must end with the exterior wall and Wall Closure method

Observe in this pic, that the Outside Casing does not come flush with Wall's exterior surface and the door's frame, and the panel is not in the same position as seen in the plan pic

A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Thank you very much for sharing this issue with us!

Unfortunately, I was unable to reproduce it using Archicad 24 INT 5000. As you can see in the screenshot below, the frame is correct. I'm wondering if there is any special setup in your door settings to reproduce this issue?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT