Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

BUG in 23? Slab and Roof Surface Textures in 3D do not align with Cover Fills in 2D

Stuart Smith
Booster
In Archicad 23, after moving the origin or direction of a Cover Fill on a slab, the origin/direction of the corresponding Surface does not update.

For example, modeling a 2x2 acoustic ceiling grid, in version 22 and earlier, setting the 2D Cover Fill origin and direction also set the origin and direction of the the 3D texture, so that the model view and plan view matched.
in 23, the 3D texture does not move with the 2D origin. The same also applies to Roofs.

Anyone else experiencing this?
v26 3010 USA
MacOS 12.6
AC user since 8.1
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable
In your slab/roof: Did you check "Use Fill from surface"?
Stuart Smith
Booster
Yes.

In 22, when the fill handle is moved in plan view, the corresponding 3D texture's origin also moves.

In 23, it does not.
v26 3010 USA
MacOS 12.6
AC user since 8.1
Stuart Smith
Booster
Anyone else able to reproduce this?

I've tried it on a couple different machines, and in different files, including the Graphisoft 23 template file, so I don't think it is a settings issue.

This is a big deal! The model view does not match the plan view for things like ceilings and floor tile patterns, where alignments are sometimes critical. I don't want to be sitting in front of the screen with my boss trying to explain that the ceiling grid is one way in plan but different in 3D because our software used to work but now it doesn't.
v26 3010 USA
MacOS 12.6
AC user since 8.1
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Stuart Smith:

I am seeing the same change in behavior between AC 22 and AC23. I think you should report it as a bug.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi All,

Stuart reached out to Tech Support in North America. This bug was previously discovered and we already plan to correct it in an Update. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Workaround: Orient fills in 2D view, and then also orient the surface in 3D in a separate action using the "Align 3D Texture" commands. Help Center: https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/88386/

Update #1 for ARCHICAD 23 is slated for release in the next 1-3 months. Sorry we cannot be more precise than that on an ETA. These updates must go through a rigorous process of development and quality assurance and possibly some revisions before we release them so it is not possible to pinpoint a date right now. Hopefully it will be sooner than later. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Dalius
Enthusiast
NCornia wrote:
This bug was previously discovered and we already plan to correct it in an Update.

Nicholas Cornia:
We had so much hope for this Update, but unfortunately, 4006 did not solve the problem. Does it mean that Graphisoft forgot this bug?
Dalius Regelskis
AC user since version 6.0
http://archicad-pamokos.lt
Stuart Smith
Booster
Just checked this in 24.
Still doesn't work. Bug not squashed.
v26 3010 USA
MacOS 12.6
AC user since 8.1

@NCornia wrote:
This bug was previously discovered and we already plan to correct it in an Update. [...] Hopefully it will be sooner than later. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Nicholas,

Is there any hope that this bug will eventually be fixed? 🙏Link-to-Fill-Origin.png

Dalius Regelskis
AC user since version 6.0
http://archicad-pamokos.lt
JohnJay
Expert

Is this fixed yet?

I have numerous instances of 3D fills not matching 2D and it will take a long time to match everything...

AC27 | i7990x | RTX4070 | W10