Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

BUG in 23? Slab and Roof Surface Textures in 3D do not align with Cover Fills in 2D

Stuart Smith
Booster
In Archicad 23, after moving the origin or direction of a Cover Fill on a slab, the origin/direction of the corresponding Surface does not update.

For example, modeling a 2x2 acoustic ceiling grid, in version 22 and earlier, setting the 2D Cover Fill origin and direction also set the origin and direction of the the 3D texture, so that the model view and plan view matched.
in 23, the 3D texture does not move with the 2D origin. The same also applies to Roofs.

Anyone else experiencing this?
v26 3010 USA
MacOS 12.6
AC user since 8.1
15 REPLIES 15
Stuart Smith
Booster

It's not fixed in 25, and I don't have high hopes that it will be fixed in 26 given the history,

It's not clear to me that Graphisoft even sees this as a bug, even though it breaks a workflow we've all been using for years.

Extremely frustrating!

v26 3010 USA
MacOS 12.6
AC user since 8.1

Another year, another version, and this bug is still not fixed in 26.

v26 3010 USA
MacOS 12.6
AC user since 8.1

@NCornia Any update on this one? I'm finding it quite painful that ceiling tiles which I align in 2D do not update in 3D to match. Big projects mean there are too many of these to have to fix and check for alignment constantly.

JohnJay
Expert
@NCornia wrote:
Hi All,

Stuart reached out to Tech Support in North America. This bug was previously discovered and we already plan to correct it in an Update. Sorry for the inconvenience.

nearly 3 years and 3 major updates later and still not fixed

What a piss take

AC27 | i7990x | RTX4070 | W10
jivi
Contributor

Still not fixed @GRAPHISOFT What is happening with this issue!?

@NCornia wrote:
Hi All,

Stuart reached out to Tech Support in North America. This bug was previously discovered and we already plan to correct it in an Update. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Workaround: Orient fills in 2D view, and then also orient the surface in 3D in a separate action using the "Align 3D Texture" commands. Help Center: https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/88386/

Update #1 for ARCHICAD 23 is slated for release in the next 1-3 months. Sorry we cannot be more precise than that on an ETA. These updates must go through a rigorous process of development and quality assurance and possibly some revisions before we release them so it is not possible to pinpoint a date right now. Hopefully it will be sooner than later. Sorry for the inconvenience.

This bug persists in version 27 as far as I can tell.

I'm going to re-iterate that the workaround is unacceptably time-consuming and disruptive to workflow.

Obviously, It does not seem like a big deal to you, but I can assure you that when one is working on Finish Plans and RCPs for large buildings with tens of thousands of square feet of tile patterns and acoustical ceiling panels, all of which have specific alignments that need to be set and documented per room, the behavior of Archicad prior to 23 is essential to the workflow. We take a lot of time to carefully match 2d fills to texture images for patterns. It is essential to be able to set the pattern in plan view and then switch to 3D to evaluate how it looks. Please fix this!

v26 3010 USA
MacOS 12.6
AC user since 8.1