Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Back referencing in custom title block

dmc
Participant
In creating custom title blocks using lines & fills with auto text, how can I get the option to back reference text in the marker? It's not an option in any of the available auto text fields and the Reference section of the auto text fields is greyed out - but it doesn't look like any of these would work even if they were available.

I'm saving the titles using File -> Libraries and Objects -> Save Selection As... -> Drawing Title.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
1 REPLY 1
Marc H
Advisor
I'm not sure if this is helpful to you, but here goes:

If you are working to create a custom Drawing Title object, the best advice I received is to 'save as' an existing drawing title object and make your graphic adjustments on the copy and save with your chosen name. in this way, the normal automatic features are carried along. I did this for my presentation title wherein I did not want the standard circle around my drawing number. it worked out well and very simply.

If you are making a full sheet 'title block' for your drawing set, these are normally not objects, but done on the master layouts. Here, too, it is easiest to copy and paste. You have a wide range of auto-text fields and graphic choices to put in the main title block.
“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
Learn and get certified!