BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Bad Crashes!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I really need help fixing this problem. I have a big project due and almost ever 4 minutes Archicad 11 just freezes and stops responding. I can not get anything done. I heard something about direct x and display settings from searches that may be the culprit. It isnt just when Im in 3D either, anywhere in Archicad it happens. Please try to give me advice, I need to get this up and running soon. Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Thomas Holm
Booster
AC version, platform, RAM, machine? (put that in your signature<)
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
11, Im on Vista Basic, 246mb of RAM.
Karl Ottenstein
metalhead89 wrote:
I assume you mean 256 MB? And hope that is for your display adapter?

If 246 MB is your actual machine memory, it suggests that you have the lowest-end machine possible with integrated graphics (or defective memory), which really cannot support ArchiCAD, especially with the resource-hogging Vista.

Right-click My Computer, Properties and read off how much memory shows up. Hopefully it is more than 256 MB...

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
For some reason I left out a 0. Its 2,046mb.

Karl wrote:
metalhead89 wrote:
I assume you mean 256 MB? And hope that is for your display adapter?

If 246 MB is your actual machine memory, it suggests that you have the lowest-end machine possible with integrated graphics (or defective memory), which really cannot support ArchiCAD, especially with the resource-hogging Vista.

Right-click My Computer, Properties and read off how much memory shows up. Hopefully it is more than 256 MB...

Karl
Thomas Holm
Booster
metalhead89 wrote:
Vista Basic is not supported.
http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/system_requirements/
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
.................well, at least I know the problem now. I can use our labs for the work I guess. Thankyou.
Learn and get certified!