BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Bank of Louvres

Anonymous
Not applicable
We often use glass louvres in our projects and usually there is more than one in the bank. to model it I use the vent window as part of the archicad library and change the material of the louvres to glass and insert it several times next to each other and make all the window numbers the same
When making a schedule however, it only has the image and dimensions of the individual louvre.
i have tried ganging but cant seem to get that to work.

Is there anyway to combine or lock the windows together so that they turn up once together on the schedule.

I don't really want to buy door and window builder, i was hoping to be able to just make this seemingly simple thing work!
1 REPLY 1
Stuart Atkinson
Participant
I'll assume you have the Aus Essential library, in which you have the louvre window, which under "general settings" has a parameter called "Number of units" which will split the window into the number set.
So all you have to do is set it to the overall length you require, then set the number of "units".
Schedules as a single window.

Unfortunately you can't set individual lengths for each section, so if you have sets of louvres of differing lengths you'll still need to do them individually.
Also it doesn't allow adjustment for load bearing columns between the window sections.
Learn and get certified!