Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Baseboard secret?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I’ve tried using the beam tool and magic wand some baseboards into a room and although it works well the baseboard runs across door openings.
Without having to go in and cut out the door spans and drag and mess around is there an automated way to do this?

I haven’t tried the baseboards in goodies only because I have yet to see a video of this going well also.

I really would like to stay within the program to accomplish the task of baseboards. In Revit you can add baseboards as “sweeps” to a wall profile.
I’m hoping there is some kind of secret Archicad option buried somewhere in the program.
32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erwin wrote:
We don't even model the plaster on the walls. I'm just a simple bachelor degree engineer though, so certainly not a real architect by our national standards

I want the shell of the building in my drawings, that's what I need for dimensions for the contractor. Trim and finishes are in the 2D detail drawings.
If I didn’t have clients who want to see finishing I also wouldn’t include trimming or floor finishes. I build a model for two reasons; one to show my client what they’re buying and the other to generate construction documents.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Michael wrote:
Erwin wrote:
We don't even model the plaster on the walls. I'm just a simple bachelor degree engineer though, so certainly not a real architect by our national standards

I want the shell of the building in my drawings, that's what I need for dimensions for the contractor. Trim and finishes are in the 2D detail drawings.
If I didn’t have clients who want to see finishing I also wouldn’t include trimming or floor finishes. I build a model for two reasons; one to show my client what they’re buying and the other to generate construction documents.
Sadly for our ussual well to do clients with large (1000-2000 m³) homes it seems 'required' to get an interior 'architect'. So most of the time we are stuck with not designing the interior (and thus not creating renders of this).

In my (biased) opinion an interior 'architect' is just a furniture designer with a bachelor degree in arts and often very little knowledge of building materials or regulations, but it is what it is.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have added baseboard to complex profiles and they get "cut" at the door, but since the baseboard is part of the wall, the door casing does not cut through the baseboard and the baseboard goes behind. see pic.
in the profile i have tried setting the baseboard as core, finish, other to see if it makes a diff. it does not.
Anonymous
Not applicable
On the Profile Editor, Check for: Design Layers > Opening Reference, and turn it on. Then place these reference lines between the baseboard and the wall face.
Hope that helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Braza wrote:
On the Profile Editor, Check for: Design Layers > Opening Reference, and turn it on. Then place these reference lines between the baseboard and the wall face.
Hope that helps.
Thanks. Turned them on, but moving opening ref lines between baseboard and wall face did nothing. Baseboard still tucked in behind casing as pictured in the previous post.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok. Then I'd check frame width inside door settings. It must my set to "Custom" instead of "Fit Wall thickness".
That is what come to my mind for now.
a different way to do this is to use the Molding Straight 23 object. I like it because I an set the Resolution high enough to make very smooth curves. I always hate the no-smooth curves you get with things like a complex profile and other objects in a Section detail. Also I find it convenient to use with the Interactive Schedules.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Braza wrote:
Ok. Then I'd check frame width inside door settings. It must my set to "Custom" instead of "Fit Wall thickness".
That is what come to my mind for now.
Thanks. Setting to custom or frame= wall thickness makes no difference either.

I am an archicad rookie, so it could be one of the hundreds of door settings.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I checked the symbolic 2d representation and it is ok, but the projected is not... Looks like a bug.
Check if it happens with other doors.
Solution
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
The opening takes the Wall thickness where the Anchor is.
Try changing the Anchor, Header to Wall Base instead of Still to.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager