BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Baseboard secret?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I’ve tried using the beam tool and magic wand some baseboards into a room and although it works well the baseboard runs across door openings.
Without having to go in and cut out the door spans and drag and mess around is there an automated way to do this?

I haven’t tried the baseboards in goodies only because I have yet to see a video of this going well also.

I really would like to stay within the program to accomplish the task of baseboards. In Revit you can add baseboards as “sweeps” to a wall profile.
I’m hoping there is some kind of secret Archicad option buried somewhere in the program.
32 REPLIES 32
Mike wrote:
Braza wrote:
Ok. Then I'd check frame width inside door settings. It must my set to "Custom" instead of "Fit Wall thickness".
That is what come to my mind for now.
Thanks. Setting to custom or frame= wall thickness makes no difference either.

I am an archicad rookie, so it could be one of the hundreds of door settings.

Since you are newish to ArchiCAD, here is an important tip ( I think) about door settings. There are possibly ( I haven't counted them) hundreds of settings, and one of very frustrating problems with this is that after you have spent 20 minuets getting it all configured, tried it out a couple of times perhaps, done a little more tweaking, you can loose it all with one click - if you change the Wall Closure type after you will loose every setting you must made. Very frustrating that changing any one of the settings can result if changing all of them. You will soon learn that the Wall Closure setting needs to be the first setting you make. This is why it would be good to have the settings dialog windows in a different order than they are. After using the program for a while you build up a good set of Favorites and use some other methods for modeling doors that make this not such a big problem as it can be for new users.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
James B wrote:
The opening takes the Wall thickness where the Anchor is.
Try changing the Anchor, Header to Wall Base instead of Still to.
Thanks James. That did the trick.
I didn't catch this one because I model baseboards separately.
So the "Opening Reference" on the Profile Editor is just for the symbolic floor plan display, right?
Anonymous
Not applicable
James wrote:
The opening takes the Wall thickness where the Anchor is.
Try changing the Anchor, Header to Wall Base instead of Still to.
Sorted, Thanks!
Learn and get certified!