BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Basic Window Door Marker

Dave Seabury
Advocate
Probably in over my head but here it goes. I copied the basic window door marker and altered it. Basically I added script for an ID number and
a line that centers on the door opening. It works fine. I know that there
will come a time when I will want to move the marker independent of the door so i added hotspots to the script at the beginning. The hotspot shows at 0,0, put when you go to move it, the hotspot moves but nothing else?
Any thoughts on how to get this to work? Additionally, I would like to have the marker inherit the room number from the zone as with other markers.
Any idea of which part of the script performs this function?

Thanks in advance for your time.

David
AC 19-24 Windows 10 64 bit, Dell Prercision 7820, Xeon Silver 2414R ( 12 Cores), 64 GB Ram, Quadro RTX 4000 8GB
4 REPLIES 4
Erich
Contributor
Dave,

As for moving your marker, you need to put and ADD2 command consisting of the variable values from your HOTSPOT2 commands, just before your TEXT2 (or alternately as part of the TEXT2). Be aware that any movements or multiplications in the part previous to this command can make this more difficult.

As for getting the zone ID, you need to do a request. Looking quickly at the DoorMarker_NCS 12 part this will probably take the form of this:
zone_relations=request ("Zone_Relations","",category_name_1,code_1,name_1,number_1,category_name_2,code_2,name_2,number_2)
or something similar. That marker only has two requests in it and the other appears to be getting the swing of the door. I have not tested this so it will likely take some exploration on your part to get this to work correctly.

HTH
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Dave Seabury
Advocate
Erich,

Thanks for the reply, I never would of thought to place an ADD2 in the script. I will experiment with the REQUEST and post the results!

Thanks again

David
AC 19-24 Windows 10 64 bit, Dell Prercision 7820, Xeon Silver 2414R ( 12 Cores), 64 GB Ram, Quadro RTX 4000 8GB
Dave Seabury
Advocate
Erich,

You were spot on! Thanks for all your help. In the end I am not sure this is going to work the way I was hoping. I thought that the marker would read the zone information from the window placement, but it appears that the marker is reading it directly from the zone it self. With your help I was able to move the marker, but once out of the zone, it revert to a "0"
as there is no zone to pull information from. In addition I need a prefix of D for door or W for window. I haven't given up completely on this, I'll post back if i get going.

Thanks again, you were a great help

David
ztaskai
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
In AC13, REQUEST "Zone_relations_of_owner" was introduced for labels and markers. See p.289 in AC13 GDL Reference Guide.

"window_door_zone_relev_of_owner" is also available as a relative of "window_door_zone_relev" but it got documented for AC14 only, although I guess it is available in AC13. I'm not sure about whether it's there in AC13.
Zsolt Táskai
ArchiCAD Development - GDL Team
AC13, AC14 and upwards...
Learn and get certified!