BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Bay Window walls and internal cills, need help!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I'm having a few problems with a low bay window wall and it's internal cill. I've come up with a solution that looks great in 3D but the 2D image is....dodgy. I first thought it would be a simple case of moving an item "backwards" (so the cill shows above the walls) but this doesn't seem to be working as I thought! Could you please assist with some advice on how to get the 2D image to correctly show the window and cill, without showing the wall underneath?

Here's the bay and cill shown in 3D. I've modelled the cill as a slab. I've done the walls as two separate walls to either side of the bay, with a new low level wall angled underneath to follow the contours of the bay window.

Here's the same window in 2D, showing the ugly problem i'm having.

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Many thanks David, that did the trick!

Am I able to mark a post as "solved"?

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
KangarooSamurai:

Since you have used the Display Order to move the cill over the walls, check that the slab has a Cover Fill (Settings > Floor Plan and Section > Cover Fills) that is on, and is not transparent.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Many thanks David, that did the trick!

Thanks
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
KangarooSamurai wrote:
It looks like you figured it out, there is now a green checkmark on the topic title.

Thanks for adding your signature.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!