BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Beam Cover Fill

sknsnw9
Booster
New Archicad user, been revit user for 10 years. Currently using the Archicad 24 trial. Tried googling this issue, but looks like this was a new add-on in version 23? I like to have different beam types, header, glulam etc with different colors so I can easily spot them and make sure I didn't miss them so I would like to use cover fill. But for whatever reason, it wouldn't apply on the plan, did I miss something? Attached my settings and what I would like them to look like from revit.
Archicad Solo 24 - 27 : Windows 10 Pro 64-bit : 16 GB ram / Intel Core i7-4770k @ 3.50GHz : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
runxel
Legend
sknsnw9 wrote:
There's a setting for everything in Archicad! Gonna need to get used to it.
At least we don't have 35 different gobbledegooked reasons of why something isn't in a view.
Enjoy the ride with Archicad! (:
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Probably because your Beams are about the floor plan cut plane.
Cover Fills show when the element is below the cut plane, or you change the element's Floor Plan Display to Outline Only.

Left: Above cut plane showing as overhead.
Middle: Above cut plane, but change Floor Plan Display to "Outlines Only"
Right: Below cut plane.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Barry Kelly
The beams have to be below the 'Floor Plan Cutting Plane' level to see the cover fill.
Or if they are above it you can force the 'Floor Plan Display' of the beam to be 'Outlines Only'.

In other words you have to be above the beam to see the cover fill, or force the beam into displaying as if you are above it.

Pipped at the post by James.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
No worries Barry

Help Centre pages which might help.

Floor Plan Cut Plane:
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/128350/

Floor Plan Display:
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/128352/
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
sknsnw9
Booster
Ahh! Overlooked that setting. Thanks for pointing that out. There's a setting for everything in Archicad! Gonna need to get used to it.
Archicad Solo 24 - 27 : Windows 10 Pro 64-bit : 16 GB ram / Intel Core i7-4770k @ 3.50GHz : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
Solution
runxel
Legend
sknsnw9 wrote:
There's a setting for everything in Archicad! Gonna need to get used to it.
At least we don't have 35 different gobbledegooked reasons of why something isn't in a view.
Enjoy the ride with Archicad! (:
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Learn and get certified!