BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Beam intersection at roof peak

sknsnw9
Booster

So this issue keeps happening whenever the rafter sits on the ridge beam and touch the rafter on the other side.  As you can see in the image, how do I prevent this from happening?  This is an issue cause this is showing in all exterior views; elevations, 3d, etc. cause its protruding through the finish roof.  This only happens when it's sitting on the ridge beam, but it's fine if there's no ridge beam as you can see in the image.

Capture.JPG
Archicad Solo 24 - 27 : Windows 10 Pro 64-bit : 16 GB ram / Intel Core i7-4770k @ 3.50GHz : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

@sknsnw9 You could place the beams on their own layer and assign them a different Layer Intersection Group value. The notching could then be completed with an SEO if required. I know it may not be ideal adding a new layer, but sometimes it is the best way to resolve intersection problems.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

@sknsnw9 You could place the beams on their own layer and assign them a different Layer Intersection Group value. The notching could then be completed with an SEO if required. I know it may not be ideal adding a new layer, but sometimes it is the best way to resolve intersection problems.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Botonis
Advisor

I do not understand clearly the picture but beams have priority values.

Also you can create different wood material with different material priority.

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.

The selected part is showing duplicate, offset ridge beam lengths?

This solved the issue, thanks! Didn't think about doing that.

Archicad Solo 24 - 27 : Windows 10 Pro 64-bit : 16 GB ram / Intel Core i7-4770k @ 3.50GHz : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
Learn and get certified!