Design forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best method to deal with the gap created at the junction of 2 different height walls.

Neil Davies
Newcomer
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for suggestions as to how best approach closing a gap that is created at a junction when connecting two walls of differing heights as displayed in the attached image. Usually I will model an additional wall on the above story (such as the roof story) but in this case I want place a highlight window where the walls would meet making this method not as efficient due to the issues relating to having a window straddle two walls. Thanks in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Solution
Typically I will split the lower wall going around the corner and extend one bit to be long enough to cover the width of the higher wall. This small strip of wall can then be a little bit higher and can be cut off by solid element operation same way as the higher wall.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-24 NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Solution
Typically I will split the lower wall going around the corner and extend one bit to be long enough to cover the width of the higher wall. This small strip of wall can then be a little bit higher and can be cut off by solid element operation same way as the higher wall.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-24 NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

View solution in original post

Neil Davies
Newcomer
Cheers Erwin!!

Didn't find the answer? Start a new discussion

Labels

Still looking?