Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Best method to deal with the gap created at the junction of 2 different height walls.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for suggestions as to how best approach closing a gap that is created at a junction when connecting two walls of differing heights as displayed in the attached image. Usually I will model an additional wall on the above story (such as the roof story) but in this case I want place a highlight window where the walls would meet making this method not as efficient due to the issues relating to having a window straddle two walls. Thanks in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Typically I will split the lower wall going around the corner and extend one bit to be long enough to cover the width of the higher wall. This small strip of wall can then be a little bit higher and can be cut off by solid element operation same way as the higher wall.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Typically I will split the lower wall going around the corner and extend one bit to be long enough to cover the width of the higher wall. This small strip of wall can then be a little bit higher and can be cut off by solid element operation same way as the higher wall.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers Erwin!!