BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Best method to evenly space different objects along wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
hey guys.

this is a basic question but i need some help..

i wanted to know the best method to evenly space different objects(doors & windows) along a wall.

it is easy enough inserting multiple windows with even spacing using the multiply -1 method, but how do you do it when there is more than one object with different dimensions to consider?

thanks
benn
4 REPLIES 4
Dwight
Newcomer
That's not a basic question - you want a magic trick to analyze a group of components and solve a spacing problem.

What is even spacing? Is it measured centre-to-centre or placement having equal gaps?

For a first try, I'd array hotspots along the alignment line and place the different objects individually.

If you want a simply-measured offset for additional elements, consider the Divisions tool with a specific distance entered.

The Distribute tool will evenly distribute elements along a line or edge, based in centers.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for the reply.

i wanted to be able to create even spacing between the edges of the objects, without having to manually calculate the spacing ie (length of wall - combined length of objects) / number of spaces required.
Anonymous
Not applicable
If the objects are different sizes I'd be getting my calculator out. Subtract combined length of objects from length of wall, divide remainder by number of spaces.
Jere
Expert
Here's how I would do it if you don't want to calculate or round numbers. This ensures absolute accuracy.
equal divisions.png
ArchiCAD 26-5002; Windows 11; Intel i7-10700KF; 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1660
Learn and get certified!