Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Best method to model a driveway composite

Josh Verran
Expert
I've seen various workarounds for how to create a sloped driveway using copies of meshes with SEO etc, or with numerous roofs etc, but never quite get the desired result.
With meshes you can't do a composite, with roofs you end up with many separate elements and controlling the slope can be time-consuming.

Wondering if this is where the shell tool would/could be used?
It's a tool that I have played around with a bit, but hit and miss if I could get the basic shape I was after.

Any suggestions?
Examples are the composite I'd like to use, and a generic image of a common driveway with changing slope and curved edges/

GRAPHISOFT CERTIFIED ARCHICAD BIM MANAGER

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

LinkedIn | www.creativespace.co.nz | Tauranga, New Zealand

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Emre Senoglu
Expert
I think this object will do what you need: forum thread
the latest version is on page 5 i believe.
AC26 ARM // MBP M2 Max // Twinmotion | Corona | Rhino

www.senoglu.dk

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Emre Senoglu
Expert
I think this object will do what you need: forum thread
the latest version is on page 5 i believe.
AC26 ARM // MBP M2 Max // Twinmotion | Corona | Rhino

www.senoglu.dk

Josh Verran
Expert
Great thanks Emre.

GRAPHISOFT CERTIFIED ARCHICAD BIM MANAGER

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

LinkedIn | www.creativespace.co.nz | Tauranga, New Zealand

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)
Hmooslechner
Rockstar
try this. https://bimcomponents.com/GSM/Details/24075

Just mouse-draw it from the download-button into Archicad to use it. It uses profile-manager-profiles that You can self´draw and bends it along the polygone. With SEO You can subtract it from Your terrain.
AC5.5-AC27EduAut, PC-Win10, MacbookAirM1, MacbookM1Max, Win-I7+Nvidia

Have you tried using a rail tool as the road driveway?

(Using a custom profile rail defined in the Complex Profile Manager with your composite section, and then magic wand-ed onto your site mesh on a pre-defined path (polyline) with the gravity-to-mesh turned on).

Pros : very easily adjustable and controllable using the rail nodes in 3D and the Complex profile manager to adjust the profile, width, curbs, etc)

Looks very convincing in 3D depending on how much resolution you want.

Cons - doesn't display correctly in 2D plan window and might need a workaround of drawing the road path correctly in  2D using linework separate from the rail object (Graphisoft/Rail tool issue)