Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Bibliotek 26 library - Wardrobe can be placed as door element

Not sure is it bug or option. But in AC26 NOR library "Bibliotek 26" door element can be replaced with wardrobe. Wardrobe becomes connected to wall, its nice thing because when I move wall, wardobe placed inside that wall also moves together. Anyone know more about this feature/bug ?

AlgimantasKuprenas_0-1663567605036.png

GRAPHISOFT BIM Manager Training Week attendee
ArchiCAD v9 - v26 INT / NOR (5002)
cpu i5-12600K @ 5.0Ghz, ram 32GB, gpu 1060 GTX
ssd NVMe, Windows 11
ArchiCAD Discord channel: https://discord.gg/QdWxSJ33

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Miha_M
Advisor

It's a nice option to have a built-in wardrobe object. It's just that, not a bug at all. This gives you an option if you want to make a difference between free standing wardrobe cabinets and built-in wardrobe cabinets. They should be on a different schedule though.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Lingwisyer
Guru

Just means the object is saved with the type set to Door, rather than a generic object. Using this sort of object would probably result in you needing to modify your schedules a bit.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Solution
Miha_M
Advisor

It's a nice option to have a built-in wardrobe object. It's just that, not a bug at all. This gives you an option if you want to make a difference between free standing wardrobe cabinets and built-in wardrobe cabinets. They should be on a different schedule though.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

MariaH1
Newcomer

It is a great feature, I am trying to get the doors to pick up the information From Zone and To Zone so that the object doors swing direction can be known. The object is not reading like a door but is reversing the swing direction. Any solutions?

@MariaH1 wrote:

It is a great feature, I am trying to get the doors to pick up the information From Zone and To Zone so that the object doors swing direction can be known. The object is not reading like a door but is reversing the swing direction. Any solutions?

I don't think this will be possible as it is not exactly like a door where you nominate where the door swings to when placing it.

With the robe you nominate where the robe box is positioned and the doors will be in the opposite direction of course.

So that is why they are the opposite of what you expect.

I don't think anything can be done about it other than have the object re-scripted you you place it by nominating the door swing.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11