Design forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bim Components and GLOB_CONTEXT Deprecated

mariosmic
Participant
Now GLOB_CONTEXT is Deprecated.

When I download a 16 version on Bim Components it reports me:

WOPE 19.0.0 build 3003


Converting GSMs to XMLs
-----------------------


Converting XMLs to GSMs
-----------------------
C:\Resources\directory\037dea269b8c453cb413219eaa93db00.Graphisoft.ObjectPortal.WopeRole.WC\XML5852\3DMD Railing Vertical Bar V1.01 R16\3DMD Railing Vertical Bar Post.xml(0) : warning: Macro may be unused: 3DMD Railing Vertical Bar Post.xml
C:\Resources\directory\037dea269b8c453cb413219eaa93db00.Graphisoft.ObjectPortal.WopeRole.WC\XML5852\3DMD Railing Vertical Bar V1.01 R16\3DMD Railing Vertical Bar M.xml(0) : error: Missing ancestor with main GUID {2ED4FA1F-7BC3-429A-BBC7-EECC557C49CC}.
C:\Resources\directory\037dea269b8c453cb413219eaa93db00.Graphisoft.ObjectPortal.WopeRole.WC\XML5852\3DMD Railing Vertical Bar V1.01 R16\3DMD Railing Vertical Bar.xml(0) : error: Missing ancestor with main GUID {2ED4FA1F-7BC3-429A-BBC7-EECC557C49CC}.
C:\Resources\directory\037dea269b8c453cb413219eaa93db00.Graphisoft.ObjectPortal.WopeRole.WC\XML5852\3DMD Railing Vertical Bar V1.01 R16\3DMD Railing Vertical Bar.xml(39) : warning: (in Script_1D) : problem in macro call
C:\Resources\directory\037dea269b8c453cb413219eaa93db00.Graphisoft.ObjectPortal.WopeRole.WC\XML5852\3DMD Railing Vertical Bar V1.01 R16\3DMD Railing Vertical Bar Master.xml(5395) : warning: (in Script_1D) : View dependent global 'GLOB_CONTEXT' used in parameter script 
What does it mean?
Now We can't download on BIM Compontens objects V16?
Now we can download only object v19 with GLOB_CONTEXT replaced with the new working command?
Or the problem is in the other reported "errors"?
What is the different among "warning" and "error"? What is fundamental?
Is the ancestor the subtype?
I'll continue to try to upload a new object empty with only GLOBAL_CONTEXT used.
Mac Pro 3 GHZ 16 GB - OS X 10.12 - Archicad 20
www.studioarcrea.com
www.facebook.com/3DMD.3DMediaDesign
3 REPLIES 3

Gergely Feher
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
mariosmic wrote:
Now GLOB_CONTEXT is Deprecated.

When I download a 16 version on Bim Components it reports me:

WOPE 19.0.0 build 3003


Converting GSMs to XMLs
-----------------------


Converting XMLs to GSMs
-----------------------
C:\Resources\directory\037dea269b8c453cb413219eaa93db00.Graphisoft.ObjectPortal.WopeRole.WC\XML5852\3DMD Railing Vertical Bar V1.01 R16\3DMD Railing Vertical Bar Post.xml(0) : warning: Macro may be unused: 3DMD Railing Vertical Bar Post.xml
C:\Resources\directory\037dea269b8c453cb413219eaa93db00.Graphisoft.ObjectPortal.WopeRole.WC\XML5852\3DMD Railing Vertical Bar V1.01 R16\3DMD Railing Vertical Bar M.xml(0) : error: Missing ancestor with main GUID {2ED4FA1F-7BC3-429A-BBC7-EECC557C49CC}.
C:\Resources\directory\037dea269b8c453cb413219eaa93db00.Graphisoft.ObjectPortal.WopeRole.WC\XML5852\3DMD Railing Vertical Bar V1.01 R16\3DMD Railing Vertical Bar.xml(0) : error: Missing ancestor with main GUID {2ED4FA1F-7BC3-429A-BBC7-EECC557C49CC}.
C:\Resources\directory\037dea269b8c453cb413219eaa93db00.Graphisoft.ObjectPortal.WopeRole.WC\XML5852\3DMD Railing Vertical Bar V1.01 R16\3DMD Railing Vertical Bar.xml(39) : warning: (in Script_1D) : problem in macro call
C:\Resources\directory\037dea269b8c453cb413219eaa93db00.Graphisoft.ObjectPortal.WopeRole.WC\XML5852\3DMD Railing Vertical Bar V1.01 R16\3DMD Railing Vertical Bar Master.xml(5395) : warning: (in Script_1D) : View dependent global 'GLOB_CONTEXT' used in parameter script 
What does it mean?
Now We can't download on BIM Compontens objects V16?
Now we can download only object v19 with GLOB_CONTEXT replaced with the new working command?
Or the problem is in the other reported "errors"?
What is the different among "warning" and "error"? What is fundamental?
Is the ancestor the subtype?
I'll continue to try to upload a new object empty with only GLOBAL_CONTEXT used.

Mario,


This part of the log shows, that there are many problems with your library. When you try to upload a library, an automatic test starts to run: first it extracts your lcf, then converts back to the xml source format, then compiles the library from source to xml again. This checking is always done with the latest lpxmlconverter, which means that you're able to upload older libraries, but every uploaded library must fulfil the requirements of the latest ARCHICAD (and LP_XMLConverter).
The difference between an error and a warning: everything is an error wich is surely a bug in a libpart. Warnings are thrown, when there is a possibility to have problems with a libpart: in some situations maybe it can work well, but in other cases it fails.

Now, let's check your log one-by-one:
- Macro may be unused: this means you package contains this macro, but there is no elements which directly calls it. Maybe you use macro names as a variable in a macro call without a file dependence.
- Missing ancestor with main GUID: your object has a subtype, which is not a built-in subtype of ARCHICAD, and this subtype is not included in the uploaded package.
- problem in macro call: this means there are problems with the called macro, usually these errors/warnings are in the log too (maybe the previous ones?).
- View dependent global 'GLOB_CONTEXT' used in parameter script: it's simply what it means - you shouldn't use view or project dependent globals in the parameter script, including GLOB_CONTEXT

I hope I could help, but it there is any more questions, feel free to contact me.
_________________
Gergely Fehér
Team Leader, Library Team
GRAPHISOFT SE

mariosmic
Participant
Gergely wrote:
I hope I could help, but it there is any more questions, feel free to contact me.
Thank you Gergely.
Now Every error reported on the warning txt report is solved.
I'm starting to handle with XML_Converter.

But I I have still problem to upload on BIM Components.
In the last upload Graphisoft report me another email with problems.
But there isn't any txt log file attached!!
This isn't the first time it happens.

In the report of XML_converter using "finalizelibrary" with "-check 9" it reports me a huge list of the error of unused parameters.
Meanwhile I decided to postpone solve this problems due to the fact they are tens and tens of parameters;
my railing objects (http://www.3dmediadesign.it/) are very complex and I used hundreds of parameters.
Do you think the problem could be the unused parameters? Bim Components never reported me this problem.

I really appreciate your help.

Thank you
Mac Pro 3 GHZ 16 GB - OS X 10.12 - Archicad 20
www.studioarcrea.com
www.facebook.com/3DMD.3DMediaDesign

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

For AC19 we changed the error/warning report options of the lpxmlconverter. If you upload a library it will be checked with the following options:
-reportlevel 2 -interpret -checkfiles -checkpictures -checkinit -checkprec

This means we do not use the following checking options with the uploaded libraries: -checkthreadsafety2d -checkthreadsafety3d -checkparams -checkbinsections

If you use AC18 for checking, then the best solution is to use -check 8, which
is the closest option to the current mix of settings, but with the AC18 converter you won't be able to check the global_variable/request usage problems in parameter script.


Regards,


mariosmic wrote:
Gergely wrote:
I hope I could help, but it there is any more questions, feel free to contact me.
Thank you Gergely.
Now Every error reported on the warning txt report is solved.
I'm starting to handle with XML_Converter.

But I I have still problem to upload on BIM Components.
In the last upload Graphisoft report me another email with problems.
But there isn't any txt log file attached!!
This isn't the first time it happens.

In the report of XML_converter using "finalizelibrary" with "-check 9" it reports me a huge list of the error of unused parameters.
Meanwhile I decided to postpone solve this problems due to the fact they are tens and tens of parameters;
my railing objects (http://www.3dmediadesign.it/) are very complex and I used hundreds of parameters.
Do you think the problem could be the unused parameters? Bim Components never reported me this problem.

I really appreciate your help.

Thank you

Didn't find the answer? Start a new discussion

Labels

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!