BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Bjarke Ingels Group ditching ArchiCAD?

Petros Ioannou
Contributor
Hi Guys,
Just saw a job post for a BIM manager in Denmark and it states that BIG decided to use Revit as their main BIM tool.
ArchiCAD 22 4023 UKI FULL,
Archicad 21 6013 UKI FULL, ArchiCAD 20 8005 UKI FULL
iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017
4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
I totaly agree. After working in archicad for over 6 years now I would say that the developers have to stop adding more features. What the program seriously need is a cleanup and a serious focus on speed.
The amount of background updating and automated things the program does without letting the user have any control or understanding of what the heck is going on and why the program keeps pausing without the user doing anything at all is absolutely demolishing the program in my eyes.

daviiiiidave wrote:
Sad story.

But i can relate to it. 2 weeks ago i had a student group introducing into AC21 and they showed me so many things in AC which are as they said, really really annoying. Mostly it was that every Tool has it own logic, which seems like there is no overall concept in AC. Its like every tool is made by a different person and then they are thrown together into one interface. and also some restrictions didnt make sense for them. they told me they will stay in revit. feels more comfortable. feels more modern. feels more suitable.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would agree with the post above, there are so many things in the architalk 'wishes' section that should have been fixed about 10 versions ago, archicad seriously need to go back and fix a lot of fundamental things in the next archicad release that people have been harping on about for years a lot of it is simple stuff really
one simple example why have they still not added background fills for beams etc..
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bjarke Ingels was named recently Chief Architect by the WeWork group, which is emerging as a major league player in real estate. I suspect that WeWork's main BIM platform is Revit. So it only makes sense that Bjarke embrace Revit for strategic reasons.
Eduardo Rolon
If I remember correctly WeWork uses RVT in house they bought CASE who was a RVT consultancy firm.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Learn and get certified!