BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Bjarke Ingels Group ditching ArchiCAD?

Petros Ioannou
Contributor
Hi Guys,
Just saw a job post for a BIM manager in Denmark and it states that BIG decided to use Revit as their main BIM tool.
ArchiCAD 22 4023 UKI FULL,
Archicad 21 6013 UKI FULL, ArchiCAD 20 8005 UKI FULL
iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017
4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB
13 REPLIES 13
daviiiiidave
Advocate
Sad story.

But i can relate to it. 2 weeks ago i had a student group introducing into AC21 and they showed me so many things in AC which are as they said, really really annoying. Mostly it was that every Tool has it own logic, which seems like there is no overall concept in AC. Its like every tool is made by a different person and then they are thrown together into one interface. and also some restrictions didnt make sense for them. they told me they will stay in revit. feels more comfortable. feels more modern. feels more suitable.

ARCHICAD 19-25, Student & Full Archicard, CI Tools, Germany
Mifcom Renderbox AMD Ryzen 9 5900X GeForce RTX 3070 TI 32GB RAM 980 PRO SSD Win10
Thinkpad P52 4K i7 8850H NVIDIA Quadro P3200 (6 GB) 32 GB RAM SSD Win10 Pro

TMA_80
Enthusiast
We could imagine that it is a logical step: as their other offices were, afaik, using Revit.

Still, if this is confirmed , either the Archicad Test period was not conclusive ( for them) OR they have insights on the future ( versions) of ArchiCAD that we don't.
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Who cares?
arch. ernest atanasiu
AC 10-26 INT/GER/FR on Win 10/ Win 11
TMA_80
Enthusiast
Uisanata, you may have missed this :

http://www.graphisoft.com/users/bim-case-studies/BIG_BIM_for_the_concept_arch.html

it was a big deal at that time.
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
It was indeed. What I mean is that GS should not take into account developing company specific software. If this is not suited for BIG, they still have the rest of us.
Who knows if they had a proper implementation and fully used all capabilities? For what I've seen, Revit is far behind in many aspects. Choosing Revit over Archicad seems like a marketing scam from 'you know who' and they used the lack of knowledge from BIG tech department.
It takes a lot of determination and will-power to steer a company that size towards Archicad, I'm talking from experience, within a company with only 25 people. Maybe they didn't have any? Who knows and who cares really? Do you use Archicad to copy their style only? I guess not.
Just my 2c
arch. ernest atanasiu
also:
http://www.graphisoft.com/info/news/press_releases/nikken-sekkei-graphisoft-extend-partnership.html

Number of personnel
Total:2640 Registered Japan 1st Class Architects: 1101 and 2nd Class Architects: 179
Nikken Sekkei Group Total As of April 1, 2017
arch. ernest atanasiu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I'm not sure if they any of them. I suppose that in a big team with the global range you might stick with both programs.

Last November I was on the lecture of Jasper Anders form BIG and it seems they put a lot of effort to introduce AC in the company. Also, as far as I know, the inspire development of GS and RH connection. So it would be weird to ditch it so quickly.

Here link to lecture in EN:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJeRiztvc3o
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I was wondering: this ad says that they decided to drive all BIM processes with Revit as the main tool.
How does this mean that they completely abandon the use of ARCHICAD in their office?
Maybe Revit will be their main tool, but that does not mean that they will not continue using ARCHICAD as well to some degree.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Petros Ioannou
Contributor
Laszlo, hence the questionmark on the topic title...
ArchiCAD 22 4023 UKI FULL,
Archicad 21 6013 UKI FULL, ArchiCAD 20 8005 UKI FULL
iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017
4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB
Learn and get certified!