Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Bottom part of stair goes below floor

DangCad1
Booster

I have created a stair (AC19), but since the bottom part goes below the first step (instead of being flat), it is visible below the floor in elevation/section. How do I change this? I assume there's a setting somewhere, but I haven't found it. See screenshots below.

Screen Shot 2022-12-09 at 15.30.57.pngScreen Shot 2022-12-09 at 15.30.48.png
AC 19 / iMac 2013 3,2 Ghz 12 GB RAM / OS X El Capitan
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution

There should be a setting within the stair to change the option to start the rise at floor level or the treat at floor level. You can also change the thickness of the bottom rise to match the depth of the floor slab. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

View solution in original post

Solution
David Maudlin
Virtuoso

DangCad1:

Look at Stair Settings > Stair > Structure > Flight Monolithic > Support Connections to see the options for changing the bottom and top of the stair.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your Archicad version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David

David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Solution

There should be a setting within the stair to change the option to start the rise at floor level or the treat at floor level. You can also change the thickness of the bottom rise to match the depth of the floor slab. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)
Solution
David Maudlin
Virtuoso

DangCad1:

Look at Stair Settings > Stair > Structure > Flight Monolithic > Support Connections to see the options for changing the bottom and top of the stair.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your Archicad version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David

www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Lingwisyer
Guru

In your case, you probably want to ZERO the Lower Slab Thickness

Lingwisyer_0-1670808587748.png

By the looks of it, you will also want to change your Top Tread Level  to Below Floor Level so that you can get your structure to finish to the bottom of your slab.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
David Maudlin
Virtuoso

DangCad1:

Thanks for adding your Signature.

David

www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
DangCad1
Booster

Thank you for the help everyone! I managed to solve it by updating the structure settings as suggested by David.

AC 19 / iMac 2013 3,2 Ghz 12 GB RAM / OS X El Capitan