Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Bounding hotspots in 2D

Bruce
Expert
When there are no hotspots coded in the 2D script, ARCHICAD will automatically place 5 hotspots to your object in 2D view: 4 at each corner of the bounding box, and one in the centroid. However, once you code a hotspot, these disappear.

Is there a way to keep these hotspots, even when coding your own?
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC26 5002 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
2 REPLIES 2
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Bruce:

I cannot test it right now, but have you tried with the Object editor open: Details > Compatibility Options > Hotspots on bounding box?

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Bruce
Expert
Hi David,

Yes, that does work...I'd forgotten about that one. Unfortunately, in this situation it isn't quite what I'm looking for, as I have a few different shapes coded into the one object, and I only want the bounding hotspots for one of them: it's an irregular shape that can be rotated around its Y axis.

I guess I'd like to be able to access the info that ARCHICAD uses to calculate the bounding box. The only thing I can find is SYMB_A_SIZE and SYMB_B_SIZE...but they are only for listing and labels.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC26 5002 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb