Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Breaking an elevation from its live link to the model

Wal
Participant

Hello everyone, greetings. Please I'm fairly new to using Archicad. I wish to find out how views such as elevations and sections can be detached from the live link model, so that I can draft over it to my desire using lines, fills e.t.c. thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

You can select the elevation or section line and set the method to be 'Drawing' instead of Manual or Auto-Rebuild. This will create a 2D line version of the section or elevation. You can then trace and reference the 'Own Model Section' in to the view so you can manipulate the 2D data or trace over the live model in the background. This kind of goes against what Archicad is all about though.

Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 15.48.54.png
Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution

You can select the elevation or section line and set the method to be 'Drawing' instead of Manual or Auto-Rebuild. This will create a 2D line version of the section or elevation. You can then trace and reference the 'Own Model Section' in to the view so you can manipulate the 2D data or trace over the live model in the background. This kind of goes against what Archicad is all about though.

Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 15.48.54.png
Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

Thank you, I have gotten it. Appreciate your quick response.