Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Brick bonding on Archicad

Anonymous
Not applicable
is there a way to do a brick bonding plan on archicad? when i need to use structural wall on my projects i always do it manually, but i would like to know if there is a way to do it faster with parameters or something. i already searched for this topic but i couldn't find anything - or maybe i just don't know how to write it correctly to find something. thank you!

ps: i'm not sure if the sentence is correct, since english is not my first language. what i mean to say is how to do this:
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erwin wrote:
Ouch, talk about billable hours for producing drawings like that
If I well remember there is/was a say in Brazil that is something like this: "What is a fart, when you are all cover in sh*t"
vdentello
Advocate
vanessa-santos wrote:
vdentello wrote:
I do it with GDL objects and the Array function. Coding all the blocks in a single element makes it harder for "decisions" like wall joinings.
Plus, it won't allow easy selection of individual blocks for mapping like I had to do.

yes!! this is what i usually do when i need to use structural walls on my projects. i just thought that maybe there would be a solution using the property manager or something that would make my life easier haha but i guess it can't be helped. at least doing it one by one can be a really good way to learn some things about building practice.
It won't take that long!
The main issue is: stick to the grid. When we do these projects we never do anything in-between 15 or 12,5 which is the block modulation. Then it's just multiplying and doing the changes needed. For example, a batroom has 120 or 135 inside. It will be sized in modular increments.
These are fairly low-cost houses, every custom block tends to be add a managing issue, so, the simpler, the better.
Braza wrote:
Erwin wrote:
Ouch, talk about billable hours for producing drawings like that
If I well remember there is/was a say in Brazil that is something like this: "What is a fart, when you are all cover in sh*t"
That's the saying!
Could be "If you're in the rain, you know you're about to get soaked. So, just go on", that's more SFW but same meaning. There are a couple more
Archicad User Since 2013
GDL Developer
Experimenting with API
from Brazil