Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Brick reveal not showing correctly in plan with Arch or circle window 3D is ok

4hotshoes
Advisor
Creating a circle window or arch top window in a brick wall. The reveal is closing in on the window frame in plan view, but is does show correctly in 3D. the reveal is folding back into the window. See screenshots. Why is this doing this? I would rather it not.

Also, The arched top window does not allow me to configure a brick sill. It has a rectangular base like a normal window, which does allow a brick sill. Did that feature get left out (USA version)?
Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
6 REPLIES 6
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Todd,

Thank you very much for the questions!

Regarding the brick reveal, it seems like the Turn-in Skin option was activated, similar to the screenshot below:

Could you please if such option was turned on for this window?

For the brick sill, I couldn't find it even in the simple W1 Casement window. Was it available for any type of windows in Archicad USA library?

Thank you very much!
Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

4hotshoes
Advisor
Whether I have the “turn-in skin” option on or not is not the point. The point is that the plan view is not consistent with the 3D view.

And I do NOT have the screen you are showing available on the USA version. The “turn-in skin” option is not available either. If we do have this option, I have not been able to find it.

Regarding the brick sill:
Most windows have configurable brick sills. The arch-top window has that option grayed out.
Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Todd,

In the previous answer, I demonstrated the options using Archicad 24 USA. The option should be available using Custom Closure.

The windows in 2D are usually shown as symbolic, meaning they are only a 2D representation rather than the exact projection of the windows.

To have the exact presentation in 2D, we can change its Floor Plan Display settings to Projected or Projected with Overhead

There's a caveat though: the windows will be shown at as if it was cut by the Floor Plan Cut plane, so for a circle window, you may find it not cut through the center.

Regarding the brick sill: Could you share with me a screenshot of the Window Settings show the greyed-out option?

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

4hotshoes
Advisor
mnguyen wrote:
Dear Todd,

In the previous answer, I demonstrated the options using Archicad 24 USA. The option should be available using Custom Closure.

The windows in 2D are usually shown as symbolic, meaning they are only a 2D representation rather than the exact projection of the windows.

To have the exact presentation in 2D, we can change its Floor Plan Display settings to Projected or Projected with Overhead

There's a caveat though: the windows will be shown at as if it was cut by the Floor Plan Cut plane, so for a circle window, you may find it not cut through the center.

Regarding the brick sill: Could you share with me a screenshot of the Window Settings show the greyed-out option?

Best regards,
Minh
For my circle window, I used the Solid Wall option and changing the projection did not change the 2D appearance. Then I selected Custom Closure and tweaked it and I was able to get it to look right, but again the various projection modes did nothing to change the 2D view.

My Fixed windows (Fixed Ribbon shown) have no configurable option for a Brick Sill, but it has a grayed-out line for Brick Sill under the Model Attributes, under Wall Opening. However, the Casement windows do have options for configurable Brick Sills as shown in the screen shots. Sills are configurable under "Wall Closures" and Model Attributes. I have not been using other window types. So I do not know if other windows have configurable Brick Sills.

[BTW, And right now my AC24 is behaving very oddly. I can move my mouse around and select buttons but I cannot select anything on the plan view. I am trying to select another window, Nothing. After waiting for a couple of minutes, it is working.]
Todd Oeftger
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Todd,

Thank you very much for the latest screenshots! These are very helpful!

Unfortunately, I was unable to reproduce the issue. As you can see from the screenshot attached, after choosing Brick Veneer, I have Brick Sill option available. I'm wondering if you have the same option available on the Wall Closure page for W Ribbon window?

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

4hotshoes
Advisor
Yes, the brick veneer option is the one that allows the sill. It makes sense, but I somehow did not notice it. My screenshot posted just before your, Minh, shows that I did select the Brick veneer for he casement window. I must have assumed that the brick sill was always available, no matter which Wall Closure settings are chosen. I have not really tested the Wall Closure settings as they seem to reset many attributes that I have already selected.
Todd Oeftger