Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Building Material Intersection Problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
This has happened to me on and off and I can't figure out the solution. The wall in the middle is not intersecting as it should. It does no heal with the block wall below or the roof above. I have confirmed;

1. The layer priorities are all the same.

2. The building material intersection priorities are all set correctly. For example, the block is a higher priority than the wood stud wall above it and the GWB. They should not be showing.

3. They are all on the same renovation filter.

What am I missing? This should all heal up correctly. When I move the wood wall onto the concrete slab, the priorities work.
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/88746/#XREF_12462_Basic_Junction

Two things:
1. Walls do not automatically intersect with other vertically overlapping Walls. To solve this situation I would suggest you define a Complex Profile Wall with Parametric Wall Skin heights so you can adjust the vertical heights of your Wall skins manually after placement. The other option is to use SEO to subtract the body of the lower Wall from the upper Wall.
2. Wall-Roof Connections are not automatic either, you have to use the "Trim Elements to Roof/Shell" command.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Laszlo. Do you know the reasoning behind not allowing wall intersections?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
No, not really. I guess it was just never implemented.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
DGSketcher
Legend
I remember reading somewhere in the help guidance that for PBCs to work the baseline / planes need to intersect. Much like wall intersections on plan, you need to have a floor slab connect with the wall baseline.

There are several pages on the subject here... https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/76665/
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)