Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Building Material Override?

toman311
Enthusiast
Hey all,

For some reason my building materials aren't interacting right. The priority levels are set right within the Building Materials dialog box, but when I use the "Trim Elements to Roof/Shell," the walls being trimmed to the roof show their outline on the top portion of the roof. They are trimmed right, but the wall stud building material texture is different than the roof sheathing material texture, so it doesn't look right in 3D. It trimmed right when I started the model, then somewhere along the way something changed. It's like the building material priorities have been overriden.

I checked the Renovation Filter options to make sure they didn't have the, "Do not Intersect," option selected.
I checked to make sure that the Layer Priority Numbers were set to the same number.

I'm not really sure where else to look. I'm clueless. I checked everywhere. Maybe I missed something that I've already checked. Does anyone have any ideas?
>ArchiCAD 23, 7000 USA FULL

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
10 REPLIES 10
Geof Gainer
Booster

Good idea. I've started differentiating between wall sheathing and roof sheathing, making other minor additions to the palette.

AC fan since v 7. Currently on AC 26 Build 5003 USA FULL Apple Silicon,. 2022 Mac Studio, 32G ram. OS X 12.6.2