Sustainable design
About EcoDesigner, Energy Evaluation, Life Cycle Assessment, etc.

Building energy evaluation in Archicad 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's the link to the article in our blog:

http://emuarchitects.com/2013/09/05/bim-energy-analysis-with-archicad-17/

We are going to develop the energy evaluation with Archicad 17 and PHPP v7.1
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
Getting all the way down to running the Energy Evaluation I get the crash warning 88 The heat valuation is not enough to meet the demand. Where do I find how to correct this problem?
Anonymous
Not applicable
ROBERT wrote:
Getting all the way down to running the Energy Evaluation I get the crash warning 88 The heat valuation is not enough to meet the demand. Where do I find how to correct this problem?
I'm having the same issue with a project. I was able to run successful evaluations in the file two months ago and now after making a couple months worth of design revisions I keep getting this error when I try to run the energy evaluation:

"heat capacity too low in relation to total heat transfer" ID: 88.

I'll post here if I figure out what change to my model is causing this error, but any additional help would be great. My guess is that it might have something to do with thermal properties of one of my building materials.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Needless to say I have basically given up on the program since it took so long to create.
I did find that using walls such as a stub wall under a bar inside of a zone, that zone would not work. Once I eliminated it the zone would work.
Gabor Almasi
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi All,

I've seen many projects where the error message with this ID occurred. Most of them were fixed by the zone geometry correction. Zones were not connected to the building structures, there were lots of uncovered areas.
In one case the internal structure between two thermal blocks had big U-value.
Perhaps you should check the uncovered areas in your projects by turning on this option in 3D, but I would be happy to help you, so you can upload your projects to the link I gave you earlier.

Regards,
Gabor
Gabor Almasi
Senior Product Manager
GRAPHISOFT