BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.
SOLVED!

Bulk change layer settings in multiple layer combinations

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Is there a way to bulk change a layer's settings (visibility, locking, intersection number) across multiple layer combinations?

So I have a created a new layer, and want it to appear as intersection number 55 across all my 20 odd layer combinations. But currently I am having to enter "55" manually across all layer combinations individually which is a pain

Ben
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru
Modify it through the Attribute Manager. Select all of the relevant Combinations then select and modify the desired layers.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Wish I knew this one too

At least, after you've fixed all the layer combinations, if you need the layer in another project you can import the layer and overwrite all the layer combinations through attribute manager.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
If you select the layer on the right hand side(layer list) then its settings are shown on the left hand side(layer combinations List)

If you then change the number in the left hand side(layer combinations List), it is automatically changed that layer settings in that layer combination, you do not need to press the update button.

Also if you click on the lock or visibility buttons, they instantly change the setting of that layer for the layer combination you click in.

its not "Everything at once" but it does make it quick and easy to change the settings for a single layer, but if you are only doing 20 layer combinations, it would be less than a minute.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Allanp
That is what I am doing already, however, with 20odd layer combinations it is just a little bit annoying
Barry Kelly
You have to select the layer and then change it in each of the combinations you want to change it in.
No you can't change all combinations at once unfortunately.

Still it is better than the old way we had to do it.
Select the combination, change the layer setting then press the update button.
Repeat for each combination.
You can still do it that way if you want.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
nejcek74
Contributor
I am join this thread:
It would be really nice if we can get an option to work with multiple layers and multiple layer combinations at the same time.
Or if I am missing something it would be really nice if someone can explain me how to avoid hundreds of necessary clicks
Archicad 22 on OS X 10.11.6
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru
Modify it through the Attribute Manager. Select all of the relevant Combinations then select and modify the desired layers.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
Changing bulk layer intersection setting in layer combinations through the Attribute manager works perfect! Thanks.
Learn and get certified!