BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

CAD IMAGE DOORS AND WINDOWS

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am thinking about ordering Cad Image doors and windows - but I have questions first and their site is not working or loading properly to get me to support or their forums.

And my trial version I downloaded is not working properly.

Appropriate to ask questions here?
Is there anyone here that can help me?

Questions:
1 Do they have their own markers?
2 Are you guys satisfied with their window schedules or do you use Archciad's?
3 Can I turn trim/casings off in window schedules?
4 Can I do custom mullion/divisions?
5 Custom casings?
6 Is their web site always not working well or is it just me, can some one check from their computer and see if they can get to all the different pages?

I would like to post a window schedule we like
here is a link to a drop box folder:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1xhcvtdhhjl1o4a/A818.pdf

7 We like to line up the windows relative to each other with our finish floor heights.
I can add the floor lines myself on the layouts or what ever, but can I show the elevation of the windows in the schedule relative to the first floor and can teh windows be to a scale?
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jesikuh123 wrote:
I am thinking about ordering Cad Image doors and windows - but I have questions first and their site is not working or loading properly to get me to support or their forums.

And my trial version I downloaded is not working properly.

Appropriate to ask questions here?
Is there anyone here that can help me?

Questions:
1 Do they have their own markers? Yes but you can use standard Archicad markers also or import your own.
2 Are you guys satisfied with their window schedules or do you use Archciad's? I use their schedules but they have a few foibles. eg. if you move an item when you update the schedule (and you have to update the whole schedule, not just selected doors / windows) it will move back to its original position and you have to move it again.
3 Can I turn trim/casings off in window schedules?
4 Can I do custom mullion/divisions? Yes. I have not met many windows I could not create, although your circular one might be a challenge with the uneven glazing bars
5 Custom casings? Limited
6 Is their web site always not working well or is it just me, can some one check from their computer and see if they can get to all the different pages? Working fine for me.

I would like to post a window schedule we like
here is a link to a drop box folder:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1xhcvtdhhjl1o4a/A818.pdf

7 We like to line up the windows relative to each other with our finish floor heights.
I can add the floor lines myself on the layouts or what ever, but can I show the elevation of the windows in the schedule relative to the first floor and can teh windows be to a scale?Yes
Note that my answers above are based on AC16 version, and I probably don't get as much out of the scheduling abilities as is possible. Karl O had some comments back in 2012, but things may have moved on a little since then. Old thread HERE

Hope some of this helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank You very much s2art - very helpful.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The thing I like about it most is that there is only one object (well, 2 actually, windows and doors, but you can use a window object and put a door in it too). One object creates fixed, sliding, awning, and bifold windows, or swinging, sliding, pocket, and bifold doors.
Stress Co_
Advisor
Jesikuh123 wrote:
Do you guys find that these windows show up OK in window and door schedules?
I have this one problem:
Frame vs. Panel size
(Scroll down to my post)…

I callout a door by it's PANEL SIZE i.e.: 3'-0" x 8'-0"

Using an AC library door I get schedules, door settings, pop-up info tags to read the PANEL size.

With D+W B I get the overall frame size (i.e.: width=frame+panel+frame).
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well - about the door panel size not being available.
That really sucks.
in 13 That option has either not worked and not been available, now it is and i was excited about that - so now if I switch to D&W builder that option will be gone again?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is a page from one of our jobs using the cadimage d+w
Anonymous
Not applicable
Silly- simple question;
I can NOT figure out how to make just a french door panel with a plain simple frame around a big pane of glass, like a 4" frame all the way around the glass.

In my attachment here you'll see that I have a big pane of glass, but I can only find panels that go under the glass. And in the other door leaf you can see that i have a simple frame, but I can not figure out how to get that big panel to be glass instead of wood.
Screen shot 2014-02-25 at 9.39.19 AM.png
Stress Co_
Advisor
Open the " Panel to Insert"
Screen Shot 2014-02-25 at 8.38.34 AM.png
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
OH! thank you thank you thank!
Learn and get certified!