Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

CAN I DELETE/REMOVE LARGE PORTIONS OF A MODEL?

kaelong
Contributor

Greetings!

Is it possible to delete all other parts of a model besides what is selected? Or what is selected with a marquee? I know it is difficult since objects cross into the unselected area. I tried to trim objects by level, but knew that would be too complicated.

[AC24-27 USA - Mac Studio 2022 - Apple M1 Max - 64 GB - macOS Ventura 13.6]
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

If you are trying to permanently cut down the model there is no easy answer as elements will not easily split. If you just want to limit the display of the model in 3D then there are Cut Planes as well as the marquee option. In 26 you can also use hide selection to drill down into your model.

Perhaps you could show an image of what you are trying to achieve & let us know which version of AC you are running.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

If you are trying to permanently cut down the model there is no easy answer as elements will not easily split. If you just want to limit the display of the model in 3D then there are Cut Planes as well as the marquee option. In 26 you can also use hide selection to drill down into your model.

Perhaps you could show an image of what you are trying to achieve & let us know which version of AC you are running.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Andrii Levko
Expert

It depends on what purpose. If it's just for a 3D presentation, then perhaps it would be possible to create an operator with a strong priority and do SEO operations. Then just hide the operator layer

Andrii
AC 8.1 - 27 INT/POL 3001
Win11 | Ryzen 5600 | 16 GB | GTX 1650
Barry Kelly

In the '3D Filter' options you can limit by a range of storeys and limit to the bounds of those storeys.

You can view inside or outside of the marquee.

You can trim to the marquee or show the full extent of the elements in the marquee.

You can also show/hide particular element types.

BarryKelly_0-1660870591273.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11