Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

COLUMN, BEAM, AND WALL BEHAVIOR

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know there must be a trick to fine tuning the column, beam, behavior when using with a wall.
What happens: I detail out a wall with a beam, and 2 x columns. When used, they cut out the space in the wall. The result is my elevations show the notched out space making my elevations, well unacceptable for presentation. Did this happen along the way thru the generations of AC? Or maybe I have some features turned on now that create this
Any suggestions.

jeanie
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
The walls, beams and columns will all trim each other automatically based on the strength of the building materials used.
Stronger materials will cut weaker ones.

So you can change the strength of the building materials.
It is probably best to duplicate the building material, change the strength of the duplicate, and use that in your walls, columns or beams so as not to affect other elements.

Or if they are all in separate layers, you can change the layer priority number.
If two layers have the same number then elements will trim.
If the numbers are different they will not.
Remember each layer combination saves the priority number, so you need to change it in the layer combination you are using (again sometimes it is handy to create a new the layer combination that you can use for specific views).

If that has nothing to do with your problem then a screen shot is always good to explain the problem.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Barry, Thank you so much. I wasn't thinking about the priority for those objects in materials.

but WA-LA. The building materials changed it!

Thanks.