BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

COVID-19, GRAPHISOFT and their time to market Archicad.

rob2218
Enthusiast
So...I was thinking about a topic discussion on "how can Graphisoft do a better job of marketing" I was participating on another discussion and this came to mind.

TODAY, NOW....RIGHT NOW...with this whole stupid Covid-19 thing....Graphisoft is positioned to take advantage of remote work.............BUT IT HAS TO BE DONE NOW AND QUICKLY......

I do not want to sound like a vulture or insensitive but...as a capitalist businessman...you can take these world events now that everyone wants to continue to do business and be profitable and USE this power of the TEAMWORK servers and remote access to SHOW everyone in this industry how well Archicad performs remotely.........................GRAPHISOFT?..........Are you listening?
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
6 REPLIES 6
Karl Ottenstein
Rob,

You posted this in Construction Documentation originally. Have moved it to Work from Home, but we'll see if the admin leaves your post here. Personally, the topic and tone is inappropriate ('stupid Covid 19 thing' - really?) and insensitive to colleagues who may be ill or even have died, but I leave the moderation up to the boss.

Graphisoft had a press release weeks ago that certain BIM Server access was going to be made free for a period as well as emergency licenses. They acted early in the spread of the virus. As part of that effort, they even started this new subforum.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Rob,

I don't know how aware you are of what GRAPHISOFT have already done to address the current situation.
They are providing emergency licences, and BIMcloud as a Service for 60 days for free:
Press release:
https://www.graphisoft.com/info/news/press_releases/graphisoft-expands-bimcloud-as-a-service-to-glob...

Download:
https://workfromhome.graphisoft.com/#/
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Stress Co_
Advisor
And not to mention...
Free Teamwork webinars:
https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=69437
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
rob2218
Enthusiast
don't want to get into any "sensitivity" issues some have here.
Just trying to emphasize to GS that they (Graphisoft) besides offering the FREE webinars have a YUGE opportunity to capitalize on this ill-fated flu epidemic thing (again...don't take it so sensitively here)....

that's all I'm trying to state.
Don't take my few words out of context to push your agenda forward...............please, we are too mature for that.....so....with that stated....let's discuss how GS can make use of a bad situation and turn it into a leveraging force in the BIM world.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
DGSketcher
Legend
Rob, Take a deep breath and relax before you burst. Graphisoft are doing everything they can in these difficult times. Bear in mind some of their own staff are also having to work remotely. And to their credit, even with my humble single licence, I received a phone call from GSHQ UK, from a remote working member of staff to check everything was ok and they were available with help if I needed it.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
rob2218
Enthusiast
That is terrific that GS is able to continue working as some folks can not.

Take a deep breath? I'm not the one who became hyper-sensitive about a few words in comment I made.....so.
But, shall we move beyond this sensitive matter and continue with our discussion of what GS can do to take advantage of this situation?....I'm hopeful we can.

So...back on track please.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Learn and get certified!