Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Cabinets won't display correctly V12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just checking out library parts, (first time using V12). Tried to make a base cabinet. As you can see by the pictures, for whatever reason the side panels won't extend to the doors.
They want to line up with the toe kick, which also won't display right. Set the toe setback to 3" and it shows 6". Did a complete restart of the program and the computer. Any thoughts out there? I am also going to send a 2nd post which shows a 3D model view.
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is the 3D view
Dennis Lee
Booster
Are you using V11 object? Your first image seems to say so...
Try using the updated library object.
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
There should be a AC11 subset library for AC12. If you use the AC11 Subset library instead of the original AC11 Library, it may solve this.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Eduardo Rolon
Already reported in another thread as a bug.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Laszlo; Thanks for the reply. I did that and works fine. BUT, we are updating our template and would like no workarounds with libraries. Want the template to be based on the latest build, no patches, etc. Hope GS addresses this fast. It is a very fundamental, very important, building block for the entire program. We still have the smart parts cabinets, so not all is lost. Again, thanks for the input.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
It seems like I should have read all posts before replying.
Well, the subset method is obviously a fix, but the AC11 library should also be fixed.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Karl Ottenstein
ejrolon wrote:
Already reported in another thread as a bug.
Thanks, Eduardo.

Here's the link to the messages in that thread:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=123950#123950

GS confirmed this as a bug to be fixed. (It is the delivered 11 subset library: 'Migration Library' that has the bug. The original 11 library is fine...so the workaround is to make your own subset via PLA for now.)

(I would have moved those posts out of the generic thread into this one, but the forum software doesn't give that ability - entire thread or none.)

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB