Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Cadimage window not showing on plan view split wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am using Archicad 21 for Mac. Desing a foundation wall that consists of two types of materials. The lower portion is 4 feet concrete and the upper portion is 5 feet wood frame. Set the foundation level to -9 feet from the main floor 0. The lower wall is relative to 0 and the upper wall portion is +4 feet to the story level. I am also using Cadimage plugin for doors and windows.

If I insert the window or a door into the lower portion of the wall (concrete) I can see the object on my floor plan view with symbolic option. If I raise the window to the upper wall it's not showing on the floor plan, but I can see it on elevations or 3D. Does anybody know how to fix this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Sam Parish
Booster
Not sure if this will help but I believe you need will need to change the floor plan cut height as it would typically be at 1100mm or 3.6 feet. It may be that the window is below this height and is not being cut through.

If you go to the view settings of the plan on the project map and the under 2D/3D Documents tab click "Floor Plan Cut Plane Settings" it will allow you to reduce the cut plane to a level that will go through the window and it should then show up in plan.
ArchiCAD 24 NZE FULL
Windows 10 Pro 1909
Intel Core i7-6700; 32GB RAM; AMD RX480

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Sam Parish
Booster
Not sure if this will help but I believe you need will need to change the floor plan cut height as it would typically be at 1100mm or 3.6 feet. It may be that the window is below this height and is not being cut through.

If you go to the view settings of the plan on the project map and the under 2D/3D Documents tab click "Floor Plan Cut Plane Settings" it will allow you to reduce the cut plane to a level that will go through the window and it should then show up in plan.
ArchiCAD 24 NZE FULL
Windows 10 Pro 1909
Intel Core i7-6700; 32GB RAM; AMD RX480
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, it did it. Thank you!