Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Can I use my Morph site model to make a Mesh model

4hotshoes
Advisor
I know that I cannot convert a Morph to a Mesh, but is there any way to create a mesh with contours, without manually clicking every point? See attached images.
Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
I am not sure what you have tried.
Create a mesh that is the same shape as your morph, then select the mesh and with the mesh tool active magic wand on the morph contours.
This should add them to the morph, then you can elevate the height of the contour nodes the the required height (there is an option to 'Apply to all' so all of the nodes on that contour will adjust to the same height.

There should be no need to manipulate individual nodes (except the corners of the mesh).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Barry Kelly
Barry wrote:
I am not sure what you have tried.
Create a mesh that is the same shape as your morph, then select the mesh and with the mesh tool active magic wand on the morph contours.
This should add them to the morph, then you can elevate the height of the contour nodes the the required height (there is an option to 'Apply to all' so all of the nodes on that contour will adjust to the same height.

There should be no need to manipulate individual nodes (except the corners of the mesh).

Barry.

Actually forget that.
I assumed it would work without even trying it.
It seems that the contour edges of the mesh can not be detected by the magic wand for the mesh.

The best you can do is to magic wand polylines or splines onto each second contour level of the morph.
This will give you lines that can be magic wanded on the mesh tool.

If you use polylines then create a new node on the edge of the polyline that matches the edge of the morph and drag it just outside the morph. You can then split that new part using the edge of the morph and delete it, leaving you with single polylines.
You don't need to do this, it just might make it all a bit clearer to work with.

Basically the contours of the morph can not be detected by the magic wand - only the surfaces can.

I guess this will be only marginally quicker than placing individual nodes for the mesh contours - depending on how many contours you have and how many nodes there will be.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11