BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Can SEO be renovation filter specific

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I'm new to ArchiCAD. I have an existing model that I would like to start modifying to create the proposed drawings. The problem is when I trim a new section of roof to an existing it then takes that section out of the existing plans/sections/elevation drawings messing them up...

Is there a way to avoid this or do I just have to keep an existing file and start a new one for proposed?

ArchiCAD 16 (mac)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
there is a way using layer combinations and SEO rather than trim function. each layer combination stores the group number of any layer. when an operator shares to the same group number with the target (1, 2, or any number above zero) it will operate the SEO. when they have a different number, or when one at least belongs to the 0 group number the operation will not apply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Til,

Thanks for the reply. I have been playing with the layer combinations and SEO. Whilst I can get SEO to interact when/how I want with walls etc it does not seem to work for roofs. Not sure if I am missing something really simple here. Will keep trying.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

SEO work perfectly with roofs as long as you use the 'subtraction with upward extrusion' option to delete any part from and above the roof. (you can also use the 'subtraction with downward extrusion' for different cases)
Geof Gainer
Booster
Excellent work around, thanks.

But it's still just a work around. It would be nice if AC would let me subtract, say, a new foundation from an existing hillside -- and leave the mesh hillside without holes in the existing views -- without having to have a separate layer group set up for each new and existing plan, elevation, etc.

GS-- is this as simple a fix as it sounds?
AC fan since v 7. Currently on AC 26 Build 5003 USA FULL Apple Silicon,. 2022 Mac Studio, 32G ram. OS X 12.6.2
Learn and get certified!