BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Can a door be open in some 3D views but closed in others?

R Muller
Enthusiast
Is there a way to have a door be open in one particular 3D view, but closed in all other 3D views, sections, elevations, etc.?

I tried a graphic override to the 3D view that makes the door surface invisible, and it sort of works, you can see through the door. However, the override applies to the door's frame and trim as well.
R Muller
AC 26 USA (20+ years on ArchiCAD)
MBP 64GB Apple M1 Max OS 12.1 Monterey
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
Yes with GDL scripting.
There is a command that can determine the view type (plan, elevation, section, 3D, etc.).
But this is probably not something that you would want to do with the default GS library objects.
They are rather complicated with all of their macros and you will need to re-code them if ever ther is a library update or new version.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
R Muller
Enthusiast
Thanks, Barry. I guess I would want the script to determine if one particular graphic override is in effect, and change the door opening only in this case. Since I don't want the change for all 3D views.

However, I agree with you that a change to a standard door library part may not be worth it. It's probably easier to change the door swing in the model every time before rendering this view.
R Muller
AC 26 USA (20+ years on ArchiCAD)
MBP 64GB Apple M1 Max OS 12.1 Monterey
Learn and get certified!