Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Can not delete or modify curtain wall mullions

Jere
Expert
I'm using the curtain wall to model some wood panelling on the interior of a building. When the curtain is used for straight sections, there's no problems at all. When i curve the curtain wall (in plan, the whole thing is vertical) then I can't delete the mullions (vertical.) I can do anything I want to the transoms (horizontals.)

The frames are all generic frames for editing (i'll change them to invisible for my final drawings.)

Any ideas? Anyone else run into this problem?

cw test.jpg
ArchiCAD 26-5002; Windows 11; Intel i7-10700KF; 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1660
12 REPLIES 12
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Based on the above discussion I can already see interior designers indulge in the Curtain Wall Tool to create models of wall and floor tilings, in addition to the already discovered ceiling use.
The panel thickness only needs to be greater than the frame thickness and there you have it - also, customizable to any degree.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Jere wrote:
Any ideas? Anyone else run into this problem?
Yes, this sounds quite like a bug I recently reported. Does panning before deleting help at all?

Cheers,
Link.
Shaun Coomber
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
It is only possible to delete a frame element if the panels on either side of it are in the same plane. This is not the case with the vertical mullions in a curved curtain wall, where deleting a frame element would essentially alter the wall's geometry. In this case you must instead delete the gridline in the scheme.
Shaun Coomber
Technical Support Team
Graphisoft
Budapest, Hungary

archicadwiki - the ArchiCAD knowledge base