Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Can't add object

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I've downloaded an object from archibaseplanet.com and tried to test it out on archicad. I added this object to the library but it doesn't appear when I try to select and place it. Can someone tell me how to do it? I must been doing something wrong I guess...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly
I just dragged and dropped the .GSM file into 21 and it works fine (except for the materials).

When you select the object tool, make sure you browse to the 'Embedded' library and then look on the folder called 'Object' (as you have it set up).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
1. Is the Library part in GSM file format?
2. Is the Library part located in a Loaded Library? You can check your Loaded Libraries in the Library Manager Dialog.
3. What type of Library Part is it? Because it depend on which Tool will be able to place it. Doors can be placed with the Door Tool ,Windows with the Window Tool, Lamps with the Lamp Tool, most other Library parts with the Object Tool.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Barry Kelly
Also what Archicad version are you using?
You may have downloaded a version 21 object and you are trying to use it in version 20.
You won't be able to use objects created in a version newer than the one you are using.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm using version 21. Here's the object I've downloaded:
https://www.archibaseplanet.com/download/416befc9.html It appears to be a .gsm

I'm not quite sure about 2nd question since I don't have an english version and I don't really know where to find "library manager dialog", so I'll just post my library manager (it's in polish but I think you'll get the idea)
Also notice that folder I've created doesn't even appear in object options.

Solution
Barry Kelly
I just dragged and dropped the .GSM file into 21 and it works fine (except for the materials).

When you select the object tool, make sure you browse to the 'Embedded' library and then look on the folder called 'Object' (as you have it set up).

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
As you can see on the second picture, I selected the embedded library (biblioteka wewnętrzna) and there's nothing in here
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, I can see that.
Could you try Barry's drag-and-drop method of inserting the object into ARCHICAD and see if it works that way?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hell yeah it's working! Thank you guys so much for your help!