BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Can't create a "spanish french door" panel

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to create a "spanish" style grid pattern on my exterior french door in Special Edition Lib 9.

What I am trying to accomplish is getting 3 horzontal grids in the glass (these I get ) and NO vertical mullions (enter "0" in the field and this crashes the macro).

I can get the grid pattern in a sliding door, but not a exterior french.

Any help

josh_carter@yahoo.com
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein
Can you give us the complete name of the library part that you're having a problem with?

Thanks,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for you help..

The door I am using (trying too) is..

Wood Entrance Doors 9
D2 French.

I would show you a pic of the screen (like others do, but I do not know how to take a screen shot and mark it up...)

Josh
Karl Ottenstein
I can confirm that that is a bug in all of the Entrance Doors ... they give an error if there are zero verticals. I'll report it. A further bug in the two french entrance doors is the limited panel choice. Custom belongs there among others.

As a substitute, you can perhaps use the D2 door under Wood Internal? It lets you specify 0 vertical.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks.. That worked.
I remember that in the original 9 library, the problem occurred, but I got around it by selecting 1 vert mullion, but then selected/ forced the location of the mullion to be against one side of the glass pane. But SE9 library does not have that parameter to mess with.

Thanks again..

Josh
Anonymous
Not applicable
Josh

Do a search for "screen shot" (search button above), there are suggestions elsewhere in the forum, depending on your platform.

Cheers
Learn and get certified!