BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Can't delete a view.

ROBERT ACTON
Beginner
So I have 2 Floor Plan views and need to delete one. The "X" to delete is greyed out so no option to delete. Whats the secret?
5 REPLIES 5
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
ROBERT ACTON:

One possibility is that the View in is a Folder that was Cloned (small arrow at lower left corner of folder icon), so only the folder can be deleted.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Barry Kelly
ROBERT wrote:
So I have 2 Floor Plan views and need to delete one. The "X" to delete is greyed out so no option to delete. Whats the secret?
Can you post a screen shot so we can see exactly what you are referring to?
I have not been able to find any views that I can't delete - whether they are cloned (the whole folder will delete even when only one view is deleted) or not.

Is this a teamwork project?
I have no idea if that would make a difference.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Barry wrote:
I have not been able to find any views that I can't delete - whether they are cloned (the whole folder will delete even when only one view is deleted) or not.
This is what I see when a View inside a Cloned Folder is selected.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Barry Kelly
I have just been looking at this.
It looks like it is a new feature that was introduced in version 21.
In 20 and below you can delete any of the views in a cloned folder, but the entire folder will delete.

I guess this has been done so users do not delete a cloned view expecting just that view to delete and not the whole folder.
The user now has to select the folder - which makes sense.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
ROBERT ACTON
Beginner
Thanks guys, problem solved. It was a cloned view. This was never an issue in 13 but I know what to do now.
Learn and get certified!